Publishing Your Own eBook on Amazon Kindle Direct
The Book World Evolution
A couple decades ago, it would have been extremely difficult for any individual author to publish their first book. Publishers made money while millions of authors continued to live in squalor.The publishing world was difficult to break if you did not have real good connections and had a real good story to tell in your book. Even then, money, fame and fortune were not guaranteed because even though you had many authors and hundreds of thousands of books available, the reader market was not that great and publishers were really not focusing on new authors, but instead continued to support established and well marketed books.With the introduction of new technology and the drive to store lot of books electronically in case of certain disaster lead to the eBook phenomena. But back then, it was best to have your work in print because not many people had access to personal computers, tablets and phones which are capable of reading eBooks. So naturally published print would have outsold Electronic prints.
Fast track to the 21 century and beyond we see where technology has allowed us many privileges as it relates to the writing and publishing of eBooks. Ebooks are churning out just as fast as babies being born worldwide. Many authors who probably never stand a chance in a published print have sold thousands of eBooks online. Many books which are and were hard copies are now being transferred to eBook format to capitalize on the eBook market. So what is so special about publishing you books electronically, well let's see.
Advantages of eBook Publishing
Time To Publish
- One thing for sure is that publishing an eBook is much faster than publishing the traditional way. But publishing an eBook doesn't mean that it is a short cut for publishing as it relates to quality. E books are edited just like traditional books. Spelling and grammar should be checked corrected if needs be. You can hire an editor to do this or you the author will should time out to re-read your work before publication. You can also ask a friend or family member to read your book to highlight any errors found. But aside from minor editing, your eBook is just a couple clicks away from being live online for you to start making some money.
Lightweight - no big book to carry
- Suppose you wanted to carry with you 20 of your favorite books and would like to read any of them at any time. You would not be walking around with twenty heavy books in your bag, but having them in eBook format all you would need is a small lightweight device which reads eBooks.
Doesn't experience where and tear
- Traditional books after a while definitely experience some level of wear and tear, even those in hard copy.
Cheaper to publish
- Publishing Traditional print books is very costly, but if you do the way of publishing independently that that cost is cut to zero.
Easier To Market.
- Potential to outsell legacy print books. When it comes on to electronic marketing the world of eBook fits the bill,
Steps In Publishing Your eBook on Kindle Direct Publishing
For those who think publishing on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing is a difficult task, i am here to tell you that it is not. There are a couple things you must have though before you begin to think about publishing on kindle direct. You will need to complete the following:
Already Have a Great Title
- Titles are very important when it comes on to selling eBooks as this is what the potential buyer sees before anything else. You must create a unique book title, one which after reading it, may make the potential buyer very curious enough to click further.
To have completed writing your eBook
- People believe that writing an eBook is easier than writing traditional printed books, but the truth is that it takes just as much effort and time to build your own ideas and to put down your knowledge and imagination on digital format. Some of the steps an author needs to complete his/her eBook are:
Check spelling, grammar and sentence structure
- You can hire a proofreader or editor to check your grammar. Misspelled words are easily corrected using any text editing software.
Design a Catching Cover
- They say you should not judge a book by it's cover, but when it comes on to eBooks, the cover design says a lot. Ensure that your book cover looks good and is catchy. If you take a look at many eBooks about romance, you will see some pretty suggestive and interesting covers. But that doesn't mean a simple cover will not get your eBook selling. If you are designing your own cover and you have no graphic designing skills, i suggest you keep the design simple instead of trying to go overboard for your cover to look like a hot mess. You also have the option of hiring a graphic designer to create a smashing cover for you that will draw eyeballs.
Double Check Your Work
- You are on the last ball right now so all you need to do is double check you book structure, book cover and title. If everything is OK you can move ob to the next step.
Uploading your eBook to amazon kindle direct
- You will need to create an account on amazon kindle direct in order to upload you great eBook which has the potential to sell hundred of thousands of copies. Once you have been logged into Kindle Direct Publishing, you need to read and follow all the basic instructions to have your book online withing 24 hours so the cash can begin to flow in your pockets.
Pricing Your ebook on Amazon Kindle
Price Range and category of books
The least an eBook can be sold for on Kindle Direct is ninety nine cents (.99c) Thereafter you can go as high as you like. Kindle direct has a mechanism in place which will guide the pricing of your new eBook based upon factors such as:
What price range sells more books for you in the category you have chosen to write about. You must remember that as a Author, you niche can determine if you sell or readers tell you to go to hell. Some book categories are always hot sellers such as romance eBooks, while not many people may buy an eBook on plumbing. Also being a new author will not see your book taking wings and soaring to higher heights with a higher price. You need to start off low and work your way up the price range.
Marketing Your eBook on Kindle to Maximize Sales
Kindle Direct Publishing Select (KDP Select)
So after you publish your eBook on Kindle Direct what now? Are you going to sit in your sofa sipping on that great tasting coffee or are you now going to do the remaining 80% of work needed to drive sales to your E book? Let's get the ball rolling in the marketing world shall we. One way of promoting your eBook on Kindle Direct is to enroll it on Kindle Direct Select. If you choose to have your eBook enrolled on the Select program, your eBook will reach more readers, earn more money, and maximize your sales potential. When you choose KDP Select, you elect to make your Kindle eBook exclusive to Kindle. This however is not a permanent enrollment as the you can select the duration in which you want to have you eBook enrolled.
Running an Ad Campaign on Amazon
Advertise your book on Amazon.com. You set the budget, targeting, and timing of your campaign, and you pay only when customers click your ads. Currently Amazon Marketing Services is available only in English
Marketing Outside of Amazon
Having an eBook is great. And what is what is even better is making money from that eBook. The best way to make money from any product is through marketing. Marketing is basically showing off your product to potential buyers consistently riveting in their heads how wonderful the product is and why they need it. Marketing your eBook is no different.
Using Social Media
- Social media is a great place to market your eBook. You can pay for ad-space on Facebook and have your book blasted on Facebook for potential buyers. You can create your own Facebook page centered around your eBook. You can also share you eBook on communities and groups of interest regarding your book niche.
- Create a blog or blog post centered around your book so potential visitors to you blog can purchase your eBook. You can also tell friends and families about the eBook and have them spread
Have you published an eBook before?See results without voting
How Much Money Can You Make?
Well that depends on how good your writing is and how well your book is marketed. Amazon pays over $450,000 dollars annually to one single writer and pays millions of dollars in writer royalties to many others. There is a slice of this financial pie to be eaten by anyone who have the next best eBook. So the ball is in your park, how you score your goals depends upon how you play the game.
More by this Author
Easy ways to make money with your eBook on Kindle Direct Publishing
The talent of giving is something we are all birth with. It could be valuables, food, a kind gesture or a needed kiss. Open up a jar of kindness today, you may just have washed someones tears away.