150 English Essay Topics
- Should the fashion industry change their way of advertising?
- Are romantic movies damaging to real relationships?
- Are beauty pageants beneficial to women?
- Do young men have body image problems?
- How does advertising affect the body image of men?
- Should the fashion industry use models that look more like regular people?
- Should brands like Victoria's Secret use plus-sized models?
- Should women get plastic surgery to make themselves have a better self-image?
- Does playing with dolls like Barbie negatively influence a girl’s body image?
- How can young women develop a healthy body image?
- Is satire and comedy news a good way to stay informed?
- What is “fake news?”
- Is there such a thing as “unbiased reporting?”
- What is the best role for news reporters in a digital era?
- Does reporting by ordinary citizens actually give us better news?
- Will newspapers go out of business or become only digital?
- Is crowdfunded journalism going to be an important trend?
- Is our news coverage too narrow?
- How helpful is "fact checking" of speeches?
- Why did the media not get the 2016 American Presidential election or Brexit correct?
- Can brain damage from drugs be reversed?
- What are the effects of marijuana on the brain?
- Can learning to do lucid dreaming help you?
- What is the best treatment for PSTD?
- Is virtual reality more than just for fun?
- Are video games bad for kids?
- How is the Internet affecting our intelligence?
- What limits should there be for genetic engineering of humans?
- What role should race play in American identity?
- What is the best way to help a friend or relative who is an alcoholic?
- How will 3-D printing change our future?
- What research offers the most promising help for disabled people?
- Are self-driving trucks a good idea?
- Is face-detecting software a good way to solve the problem of identity theft?
- How with practical quantum computers change our lives?
- How will 360-degree selfie cameras change the way we share our lives?
- What are the implications of the Cell Atlas?
- Is adding connectivity of our home devices helpful or not?
- Can computers really become intelligent?
- Which is better, PC or Mac?
- Should people be judged by their social media posting?
- Are online dating sites just a scam, or can they form lasting relationships?
- Should texting and driving be illegal?
- Is technology making our attention span shorter?
- Does social media like Twitter have a place in the classroom?
- Does social media negatively impact teenagers social lives?
- How is social media changing parent and child relationships?
- When in social situations is looking at your phone or texting inappropriate?
- What rules should college or high school students follow when posting to social media?
- How can families handle the problem of their child being bullied through social media?
High School Life
- Why join ROTC?
- How can people concentrate better when studying?
- What is the best way to ask a date to prom?
- Is going on a study abroad worth it?
- What is the best sport to join at our school? How did we get our school mascot?
- What are the benefits of being in the FFA, BPA or other school organization?
- Is learning a foreign language in high school important?
- Is prom worth the cost?
- What makes a successful dating relationship?
- Should more high schools have apprenticeships or technical programs so people can get a job right out of school?
Food and Eating
- Why is junk food so addictive?
- Is drinking bottled water a good idea?
- Do fad diets actually work?
- Does eating gluten-free really make people healthier?
- Which fast food restaurant serves the best food?
- Where are the best cheap eating spots in town?
- Which is better, Starbucks or your local coffee shop?
- How important is it to "eat the rainbow?"
- What is the best diet for an athlete?
- Is “all-natural” or “organic” worth paying more for?
- Is homework good or bad for student achievement?
- Which is better, private school, public school or homeschooling?
- Should vaccinations continue to be mandatory in public schools?
- Should “gifted” students receive special educational treatment?
- How do online high schools compare to traditional education?
- Should schools move to having online classes in high school?
- What is the best way to take notes in classes?
- Is teaching suicide prevention in school helpful?
- Should schools switch to e-books?
- Why is math hard?
Tattoos and Body Piercing
- Why do people get multiple body piercings?
- Why are tattoos a popular trend?
- How do tattoos of men differ from the ones women choose?
- Is getting a tattoo safe?
- What is the most popular tattoo?
- How can you best care for your new tattoo or piercing?
- What are the most popular trends in tattoos this year?
- What makes a bad tattoo idea?
- Is tattoo art?
- Are there some tattoos that should be taboo?
- How can we prevent accidents caused by DUIs?
- Should the death penalty be legal in all states?
- How can we select better juries in high-profile cases?
- Are after school programs a good way to reduce violence and gangs?
- What should be the goal of putting someone in prison? Punishment, rehabilitation or something else?
- What is humane treatment of prisoners?
- Do art, music, and drama help in rehabilitating prisoners?
- Does legalization of marijuana reduce crime?
- Can programs that create jobs prevent crime?
- Do illegal immigrants commit a lot of crimes?
- Should businesses hire mentally and physically disabled people?
- How can employers best encourage better health among their employees?
- Is STEM really the best career choice?
- Is nursing a good career for talented men and women?
- Should tattoos be allowed in the workplace?
- Should people on welfare be required to submit to drug testing?
- Should more employers offer flexible scheduling or working from home?
- Should businesses offer mental health benefits for employees and families?
- Should more businesses offer parental and family leave for both parents?
- Does owning your own business really make a better career?
- How can people best be encouraged to make healthier lifestyle choices?
- How does lack of sleep hurt us?
- What is an allergy?
- Do T.V. shows about overweight people losing weight exploit or help?
- What is the best possible treatment for Type 2 diabetes?
- What is the best way to quit smoking? How can we best solve the problem of antibiotic resistance?
- Are drugs overused in treating mental illness?
- What are the causes and best treatments of bi-polar disease?
- What makes some people able to live to be over 100?
- Does Internet medical information make people healthier?
- Is “virtual reality” going to be important in entertainment?
- Do violent images, music, and games cause people to act out violently?
- Why do adults enjoy Disney movies?
- Why are movies like “The Lion King” ones kids watch over and over?
- Which shows are best for binge watching?
- Why is “Fixer Upper” so popular?
- How does Lego Batman compare to other versions of the Batman franchise?
- Which video game has the best storyline?
- Has Marvel changed the source material too much?
- Which horror movie is really the scariest?
Worst Writing Chore
What do you like least when writing an essay?
- Should parents allow their kids to play football?
- How can we make football safer?
- Why is NASCAR losing fans?
- Who is the best quarterback of all time?
- What effect does moving and changing schools have on a high schooler?
- Should college athletes get paid?
- What kinds of sports should be added to the Olympics?
- Can virtual reality help athletes train more effectively?
- How does Rugby compare to American football?
- How can overuse injuries be prevented in high school athletics?
- What are the benefits of growing up in a large family?
- What makes a successful marriage?
- What are the health benefits of marriage?
- What is the value of searching for your genealogy?
- Is interracial marriage a good idea?
- Does living together before marriage create better marriages?
- What is the value of a family vacation?
- How can parents get to know their teenagers better?
- What causes the break-up of marriages?
- What rules should parents have for their teenagers?