10 Scriptures That Will Remind You That You Matter to God
When You Feel Lost In the Busyness of Everything Around You, Turn to God and Find Yourself
There are plenty of voices in this world that will try to tell you that you aren't good enough, but the voice of God always says that you are loved.
It's easy to get caught up in all of the craziness of the world. We are all busy with work, school, families, hobbies, and a variety of other activities that take up our time.
If you are ever feeling lost or insignificant in this world, I challenge you to turn to the words of God and his prophets, and they will remind you that you are neither lost nor insignificant to your loving Heavenly Father or to his son, Jesus Christ.
The following is a collection of a few of my favorite scriptures that remind me that I matter to God.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- We are all God's spirit children, but Christ was his only begotten son in the flesh. If you have children, I challenge you to put yourself in God's place and imagine how hard it would be to sacrifice your child even for a good cause. Heavenly Father not only allowed the atonement to happen, but asked his son to go through that suffering, because he loves us. He didn't want any of his spirit children to be lost. He cherishes each one of us and wants all of us to return back to our heavenly home, and if we choose to believe, we will have everlasting life. God loves you and he loves me, and because of that, he was willing to sacrifice his son for us.
3 Nephi 17:6-9
"And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you. Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy...And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him."
- I love this story that shows Christ's love and compassion as he visited his people on the American Continent as recorded by his prophet in the Book of Mormon. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of his children, and that's why he sent Christ to visit his children on the American continent. I know that Heavenly Father still loves all of us that are living today. I know that Jesus has the same kind of compassion for all of us that he had for these people that lived so many years ago. I love how he asked for those who were afflicted in any manner to come unto him. There are some days when I feel just plain broken, whether it be physically or emotionally, and I know that Christ is always reaching out to me wanting to heal me and mend all the broken parts of me. We can always find love and compassion when we turn to our Savior, Jesus Christ.
This song always reminds me that God loves me even when I'm feeling a bit broken.
"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
- I find so much comfort knowing that God will always be there to help me when I need his help. What a blessing it is that I can pray to him any time and any where with the absolute assurance that he listens to my prayers. Sometimes, he doesn't answer in the way that I am hoping for, but he always answers my prayers in the way that will be in my best interest from his eternal perspective.
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
- How amazing is it to think that we are literally created in the image of God? Just as fathers and mothers are overwhelmed with love as they look at their own children, God is filled with divine and perfect love when he looks at us. I find so much comfort in knowing that my all powerful Heavenly Father looks over me the way that parents look over their children.
The fact that I am created in God's image is a testimony to me that he loves me.
"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."
- I love knowing that God rejoices over me. If you are anything like me, when something exciting happens in your life, you can't wait to share your experience with a best friend so that you can rejoice together. I know that my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ, rejoice over my joy and that they weep over my pain. They are the best friends a person could ever have.
2 Nephi 26:24
"He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation."
- I love this scripture about Jesus Christ's love for us. Everything that he did and everything that he continues to do is for the benefit of us. He loves us and he wants all of us to partake of his salvation.
Doctrine and Covenants 59:18-19
"Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul."
- I often find myself in awe of how beautiful the earth and all of the creations on it are. When I stop and think about the fact that God created the earth and everything on it for us, I feel so loved. Every sunrise, the sweet scent of rain, every beautiful flower, the taste of a cold fresh nectarine on a hot summer day or that soothing feeling of warm spiced apple cider warming your body when you come in from the bitter cold of winter...All of these wonderful creations were made to gladden the heart(s) of God's children.
- By the way, If you aren't familiar with the Doctrine and Covenants, it is a collection of modern revelation that was put together by the modern-day prophet Joseph Smith. If you are curious about the idea of modern day prophets or Joseph Smith, please watch this video.
This has always been one of my favorite songs to remind me about God's love for me. Enjoy!
Doctrine and Covenants 18:10
"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God."
- This scripture has always meant a lot to me. The world doesn't always show us that we are valuable, but every soul is valuable to God. Our souls are worth so much to him, and that's why he was willing to pay the price of sacrificing his son for us.
"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
- What powerful words! It makes me feel so important that my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ, consider it their work and their glory to bring to pass my eternal life. When I read this scripture, I know that I absolutely do matter to God.
"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- This scripture speaks for itself. Nothing can separate us from the love of God!