Diary of an Atheist Priest
Diary of an Atheist Priest
Being an Anglican priest sucks; almost as much as Mrs Smythe. The only upside is that we don’t have to wear a skirt like the Catholics or hide behind a bushy beard like our Orthodox colleagues.
I must remember my new year’s resolution. No drinking before Matins. Which is bloody difficult since Mildred run off with that Pakistani. Luckily the bishop is a racist son-of-a-bitch and the divorce approval did not take long to materialize. God bless Mrs Smythe for stepping unto the breach when she did though. Not forgetting Mrs Fawcett and even plumb Mrs Hallewell.
When I first started out to be a priest, I never thought that my flock would be comprised of actual human-shaped sheep. But then again one cannot really blame the poor lambs. We have the deliberately lamentable British educational system to thank for their ignorance.
Our masters are terrified that we just might learn our real history, in which case a bloody revolution would be the inevitable consequence. Learning by visiting an old workhouse, for example, and getting a real taste of how our masters actually look upon us. Instead we all communally contort our sense of reason to the point where it conforms to the established myth that the vassals ‘never, never, never shall be slaves’.
Well, that may not be completely true since 51.9% of the participating UK electorate actually voted for Brexit. Which doesn’t say much for the other 48.1%, but serious efforts are being made by the losers to correct the error.
The sheepdogs of the EU are doing their best to corral their charges because democracy must be ‘moderated’ so that any excess of democracy is mitigated.
The masses must be reduced to their proper state of apathy and obedience, driven from the public arena, which public arena must be kept for the deserving few. These few are the honourable members of the House of Lords, for example, who are willing to cast their pearls of wisdom to the swinish, unwashed masses who do not really know what’s good for them.
They are the so called ‘intellectual’ proponents of a highly flexible political theology and these self-acclaimed intellectuals invariably become the preachers of whatever political religion is being served at the time. A religion which invariably sings the praises and justifications of state theft, injustice or terror, because it is all done for all sorts of wonderful sounding reasons to justify the lack of democracy. And no, I am not referring to everyday Catholic priests.
Brexit passions are high on both sides at the moment. They have both climbed on their unassailable platforms, which they defend with the fervour of a vestal virgin determined to maintain her purity, and if raped by marauding barbarians, indomitably resolute not to have an orgasm in the process.
To be continued…