Dexter loves to read, study, and share the word of God with love.
December Bible Verses About Hope to Focus on this Christmas
Perhaps, you have lost a loved one, your job, and even your faith in God. Things have gone from bad to disastrous and looking ahead, the worst may be yet to come. But all is not lost; December is here, and it comes with joy, hope, peace, prosperity, and a new beginning. That said, here are ten December bible verses to inspire hope this Christmas.
A New Era
- Therefore, the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14
"The Lord shall give you a sign," a sign that your life is about to change with each passing day in December. And the darkness which breeds anxiety will soon vanish as rain clouds on a sunny day from your life.
When Mary conceived Jesus, that was a sign of a new beginning, a symbol of life, grace, peace, victory, prosperity, and hope. But up until that point, they were sorrow, grief, and frustration.
Take courage from this verse; it reminds of God's commitment to his words. Look around; what signs do you see? Is God still at work? I'm sure He is, and there are things to be thankful for; your life. And with life, this Christmas, God can completely change your circumstances.
Jesus Reigns in Man’s Kingdom
- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
Sit back, relax, and remind yourself that God reigns supreme in the kingdom of men. Sure, these are precarious times, no one is sure of what's next. But one thing is certain, God oversees the world's economy and he has your best interest at heart this Christmas.
Usher in the New Day With a Shout
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. Zechariah 9:9
Let out a shout; it's the dawn of a new day, a fresh start, and a better chapter in your life. For this Christmas, shout out with joy and watch all your expectations in God manifest.
It's Time to be Blessed
- When they saw the star, they rejoiced with great joy. And when they came into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh. Matthew 2:10-11
It's your time, your season, and a good month to prepare your baskets to receive blessings from God. No matter where you are geographically, mentally, spiritually, physically, and financially, God has commanded his blessings to find and overtake you this Christmas.
The Prophecy Will Come Through
- And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21
In this Christmas bible verse, God spoke a word over Jesus's life, which manifested throughout His earthly ministry. Don't doubt what you have read in the bible; it's God's word for you, a prophecy is over your life, and it will come to pass this season.
Let the Holy Spirit Work
- Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:34-35
Among other Christmas verses in the bible, this one stands out; it reminds us that we have ceased from our labor and the Holy Spirit is in control. He will lead you to all the blessed paths of good health, faith, protection, and prosperity.
- And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:7
Be content with what you have now until you get what you desire. Some of the biggest success stories you will hear are from people who started with nothing. But through faith, determination, and commitment, they achieved great levels of success.
Here we see Marry, the mother of the King of Kings, giving birth in a manger (a feeder used to hold food for animals).
This holiday is a sign of good things to come, but you will first have to endure a few setbacks, however, be content with the little that you have. Humble yourself, don't complain, and God will make this Christmas the best you ever had.
Look Out for Deceivers
- Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also. Matthew 2:7-8
Ask God for a discerning heart because some people get attracted to success for the wrong reasons. And if you aren't mindful of who you allow in your space, your new-found hope will quickly vanish.
- Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
You will face setbacks, frustration, doubters, and deceivers, but endure, focus on the big picture, and keep your eyes on Jesus Christ. It's the only way you're going to step into the promised land this season.
You Already Have the Victory
- But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Corinthians 15:57
Knowing you will win at the end is an advantage you should use as a child of God. You may get knocked down a few times, but this bible verse assures you victory at the end.
For this season, step out in faith, courage, and determination, and whatsoever you desire from God you will get it this Christmas.
© 2020 Dexter Whinfield
Dexter Whinfield (author) from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines on December 07, 2020:
@Umesh, how nice of you reading, I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on December 06, 2020:
Nice. Well expressed. Thanks.