BABATOPE ADENIRAN is a prolific writer, proclaimer of gospel & lover of God. He has M.Sc in Statistics and Ph.D Statistics in view.
THE CHIEF PRISONER
There are lifestyles that imprison life but the chief among them that has wrecked great havoc on many lives knowingly or unknowingly shall be discussed. Everything that causes unending bondage lies in unforgiving spirit, but a life can only be set free and blessed through the forgiving spirit of Jesus Christ.
The Scripture says “For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” - Matthew 6:14.
A person captured or kept confined by an enemy is a prisoner, who is also being deprived of liberty according to Lexicon. So, anyone that does not forgive is being controlled by the prisoner of life- unforgiving spirit because such one has ignorantly sold his peace to the Devil. As a result, he or she has automatically been imprisoned and known or tagged as Chief Prisoner in the kingdom of darkness until the day is ready to forgive others. It is important to note that an unforgiving spirit imprisons heart to hate but a forgiving heart is released to peace and love. The principle of God is such that; what you give is what you get; if you forgive others you shall be forgiven by Him but if you do otherwise you shall get same. Joseph showed true forgiveness and forgave the evils done to him by his kinsmen. As a result of this, he was made strong by the Lord and became the saviour of his people as recorded in Genesis 50:15-26.
What are the implications of living in true forgiveness?
- True forgiveness leads to true greatness (Genesis 41:41);
- Nothing is hard for any heart that embraces true forgiveness (Matthew 6:14);
- Embracing true forgiveness or living by forgiving spirit infuses peace to invigorate and elevate the people of God (Genesis 41:41);
- Desiring true forgiveness, which is Jesus’ pattern of forgiveness is another way to arrest the prisoner of life- unforgiving spirit;
- To embrace true forgiveness is to be set free from the bondage of evil;
What are the truth to know about unforgiving spirit?
- To live by unforgiving spirit is to live in bondage (John 10:10);
- The unforgiving spirit indwells unforgiving people to deprive them of peace and inject ruin;
- Unforgiving spirit is the killer and destroyer of good things (John 10:10);
- It renders life useless and leads to endless sorrow because every heart that does not forgive causes enmity. By this, such life is unhealthy and a candidate of hell (Galatians 5:19);
How can we overcome the unforgiving spirit?
- Seeking God’s forgiving spirit and following His principle (Matthew 6:14);
- Standing against the unforgiving spirit in ceaseless prayer, reconciling with and forgiving those who have offended us from our heart (Matthew 5:23);
- Knowing that forgiveness is one of God’s greatest gifts to us through Jesus who is an epitome of forgiveness as revealed in Colossians 3:13 “Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye…” ;
In conclusion, we need to know that to live with unforgiving spirit is to live in bondage, but to embrace Jesus’ pattern of forgiveness is to live in freedom eternally (John 8:31-32 & 36). Also, anyone who forgives is laying the bridge he will pass through for himself. So, sacrifice any unforgiving act and be free from eternal bondage. May God grant us sufficient grace to embrace His pattern of forgiveness always in Jesus’ Name.
Gladius in Virtute Spiritus – Sword of the Spirit Power…..Influencing Lives through the Living Word.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Babatope Adeniran
Babatope Adeniran (author) from Abuja on April 05, 2019:
Revealing one of the best ways to be blessed by the Lord.