Strengthened to Finish Strong
It has been well established in the Scripture that it is by living for God and serving Him faithfully we can be strengthened to finish strong. Many things do fail any man who depends on the arms of flesh, but the Lord gives supernatural strength to whoever desires Him like Moses, Elijah and Jesus Christ, our Saviour.
The Scripture says "Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength." (Isaiah 26:4).
How can we possess supernatural strength?
1. Passion for God and souls
2. Obedience to God
3. Study to know more of God
4. Willingness to serve God faithfuly
5. Desiring God's strength
6. Firm faith and
7. A praying heart
What are the hindrances to supernatural strength?
a. Living in sin.
c. Depending on the arms of flesh
d. Fear and
e. Lack of service and passion for God
Things to know about Supernatural Strength:
- We need the strength of God to finish strong
- We need divine strength to conquer the enemy in our Christian race.
- To ceaselessly serve God is to be continually empowered by His spirit of strength
- A passionate heart for God possesses great or everlasting strength
- Failure to serve God leads to lack of great strength for victory in life.
- A special move for God usually births or draws His special strength.
Some Biblical Examples of lives filled with supernatural (special) strength.
Truly among the people that were strengthened to finish strong as a result of their unfeigned passion and love for God and their people include:
1. Moses: He led the Israelites out of the land of bondage, through the Red Sea to fulfil God's promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It was recorded that Moses was full of strength, even in his old age because he fully gave himself to the service of God and humanity (Deuteronomy 34:7).
2. Jesus: He has a solid passion for God according to John 9:4 "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." Even Prophet Isaiah foretold great strength concerning Jesus in saiah 11:1-3 "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: and the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; He will delight in obeying the LORD. He will not judge by appearance nor make a decision based on hearsay." It will interest us to know that Jesus ascended in glory and seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven forever, which shows that our God greatly rewards anyone who serves Him faithfully (Hebrew 1:3, Ephesians 6:8-10).
3. Elijah: He stood for God to conquer the Prophets of Baal through which many believed the living God. Also, he was blessed with supernatural strength and speed to do mighty exploits (1 Kings 18:20-40, 1 Kings 18.46). "Then the LORD gave special strength to Elijah. He tucked his cloak into his belt and ran ahead of Ahab’s chariot all the way to the entrance of Jezreel." - 1Kings 18:46.
In conclusion, in any divine assignment lies divine consignment. When you make up your mind to serve the Lord faithfully, He will service your life and satisfy you with good including sufficient strength you need to finish strong. Shalom!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Babatope Adeniran