For the past decade, MsDora has been sharing poetry, creative writing, positive quotes, and reflections online. Her aim is life enrichment.
"Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close."
Psalm 27:10 NLT
No matter the circumstances, we can trust God to keep us safe. He will keep us safe, either from danger, or safe within the danger. He didn't keep Daniel away from the lions, but He kept Him safe within the lion's den. When we trust Him completely, we can feel His arms around us and hear His reassurances of love.
Experience His peace, His protection and His presence in these lines of appreciation for His embrace.
Sometimes the road gets very dark, I can’t see up ahead;
I wonder should I grope along or turn around instead.
I pray that You would shine a light, make the pathway clear,
Or clearly speak one promise that would take away my fear.
But if I do not hear You; if I do not see a light,
I'm still safe when You reach out and hold me through the night.
Sometimes my heart is aching from the wounds caused by my foes;
I rest and wait for time to heal me, as the saying goes.
I recall how much You suffered though You had hurt no one.
I pray for courage to forgive, the same as You have done.
Then I feel Your comfort flowing, pouring down like rain,
As You reach out and hold me, and heal me from my pain.
And then sometimes I’m tired of the struggles of the day:
The rising cost of living, and bills more than I can pay,
The ladders that I try to climb, the many slips and falls,
The hustling and the bustling, and the schedules and close calls.
I fear that I would lose my mind, have no more strength to give,
‘Till You reach out and hold me, and renew my will to live.
You have held me, loving Jesus, safely all through the years;
Held me when I was cheerful, held me when I shed sad tears.
I know that I’m still standing only’ cause You hold me now;
And even as You hold me, in sweet gratitude I bow.
I cuddle in Your goodness; nothing can pull me away;
I'm safe because you hold me; in Your love I want to stay.
Prayer: Loving God, we thank You for being always being available to hold us close. Please teach us to to love You with our entire being, and to relay Your love to others every day, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Please don't miss the ten quotes below.
Ten Powerful Quotes About God's Embrace
- “Here's the paradox. We can fully embrace God's love only when we recognize how completely unworthy of it we are.” ―Ann Tatlock
- "Love was the element in which Christ moved and walked and worked. He came to embrace the world in the arms of His love." ―Ellen G. White
- "It is not earthly rank, nor birth, nor nationality, nor religious privilege, which proves that we are members of the family of God; it is love, a love that embraces all humanity." ―Ellen G. White
- “Whenever you feel a negative emotion . . . Allow yourself to feel the pain. . . and after a while, you'll feel the anger or fear or sadness lose it's urgency and power. Allow God to tenderly embrace you in your pain. And then, at the right time, you can let go.” ―Bo Sanchez
- "Lord, I release my grip on all the things I was holding on to, preventing me from returning Your passionate embrace. I want nothing to hold me but You. So, with breathless wonder, I give You all my faith, all my hope, and all my love." ―Lysa TerKeurst
- "God has chosen not to heal me, but to hold me. The more intense the pain, the closer His embrace." ―Joni Eareckson Tada
- “Heartache forces us to embrace God out of desperate, urgent need. God is never closer than when your heart is aching.” ―Joni Eareckson Tada
- “Jesus.. says, 'Let go of your complaints, forgive those who loved you poorly, step over your feelings of being rejected, and have the courage to trust that you won't fall into an abyss of nothingness but into the safe embrace of a God whose love will heal all your wounds.” ―Henri J.M. Nouwen
- “If your heart takes more pleasure in reading novels, or watching TV, or going to the movies, or talking to friends, rather than just sitting alone with God and embracing Him . . . then how are you going to handle forever and ever in His presence? You'd be bored to tears in heaven, if you're not ecstatic about God now! ” ―Keith Green
- "Grant me, O Lord my God, a mind to know you, a heart to seek you, wisdom to find you, conduct pleasing to you, faithful perseverance in waiting for you, and a hope of finally embracing you. Amen." ―Thomas Aquinas
More Sundown Devotionals
- Sundown Devotional: Who's Holding Your Hand?
No situation takes Him by surprise. No territory is unfamiliar to Him. No hostile attack can overpower Him. Can you think of anyone, instead of the Omnipotent God, whom you prefer to hold your hand?
- Sundown Devotional: Looking Back and Counting Blessings
Blessings which passed by us unnoticed will increase our appreciation for God’s goodness, when we recognize them in retrospect. Let us look back and count them and realize what a blessed year we had.
- Sundown Devotional: God Judges Goodness in the Heart
Some good people forget that when God evaluates our goodness, He considers our attitude toward our fellowmen. Can we love Him without loving them? He measures not only our actions but also our hearts.
© 2011 Dora Weithers
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on December 27, 2019:
Donna, I am pleased that you received a blessing from this article. Happy about your relationship with Jesus. May you continue to feel His hugs and cuddle in His love. He will never leave you.
Donna Rayne from Greenwood, Indiana on December 27, 2019:
How blessings pour out from your poem and as I have come through a life filled with pain and grief it wasn't until I found Jesus and He picked me up from where I had fallen, hugged me through numerous, precious Brothers and Sisters and it wasn't until my spirit was finally home and Jesus' love is a freedom of treasures I hold close to me this day and I thank you, sweet Dora, for this article to help me remember where I came from and where Jesus has brought me to this day! God bless you, Sister in Christ.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on November 05, 2019:
Thanks, Iqra. It's really a beautiful thought to cuddle in God's arms. Glad you like it.
Rêveuse Consciente from Pakistan on November 05, 2019:
It's a well written poem with a great idea. Thanks!!!
Iqra from Pakistan on November 05, 2019:
such a beautiful poem ...
.thanks for sharing
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on November 04, 2019:
Lynne, I also am happy for you. Thank you for sharing.
Lynne Samuel from Malaysia on November 04, 2019:
So lovely! I thank God I know so many people who gives me God's embrace and love. Beautiful poem, Dora.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on November 03, 2019:
Manatita, your favorable comment on my attempt at poetry means the world to me. The sun is suddenly shining brighter. I giggled out loud with satisfaction. Thank you.
manatita44 from london on November 03, 2019:
I don't remember this. It is an extremely beautiful poem. So charming! So meaningful! Sweet simplicity itself but full of Light. Write some more!!
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on October 21, 2014:
Thanks, Jan, for bring me back to this poem. Your comment is encouraging and inspiring.
Janis Leslie Evans from Washington, DC on October 21, 2014:
This is beautiful poem and testimony with an important message, MsDora. When all else fails, when we are no longer feeling strong, we can call on the comforting arms of the Lord. You put this message so well, in the form of a lesson and reminder. I do "visualize an encounter with God" as you say, by feeling his healing hands for physical healing. Thank you for this one, voted up, useful, and beautiful.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on November 01, 2012:
Thanks for your comment, Frank. God bless you too.
Frank Atanacio from Shelton on November 01, 2012:
Msdora this was a very powerffuly written poem.. thank you for sharing bless you :) Frank
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on August 12, 2011:
Thanks to you P. Smart, Power, Denise and Sonny for your encouragement. So happy that you can identify with my honest expression of dependence on God. Surely, He can hold each one of us, and keep us all safe.
P. Smart on August 12, 2011:
Food for the soul. Feed me till I want no more. Thanks for your wonderful words.
PoweroftheCross from Above and Beyond... on August 12, 2011:
I cuddle in your goodness...I love that line! Psalm 119 is like a 12 course meal for the soul. Beautiful and blessed post. To God be the glory! Very inspiring...
Denise W Anderson from Bismarck, North Dakota on August 12, 2011:
Thank you MsDora, I needed this today.
sonnydee on August 11, 2011:
Very insightful keep up the good work of sharing, Thanks and God bless your ministry