MsDora, former teacher and Christian counselor is also an avid Bible student and loves to share Bible facts for learning and fun activities.
Beauty is an interesting topic for men and women of all ages, everywhere. Our self-worth thrives on being told that we are beautiful. Yet, as we grow older and physical beauty begins to fade, we understand the wisdom of 1 Peter 3:4 (NKJV), that real beauty is on the inside, " in the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."
While we nurture our beauty of character, we remain fascinated by outer beauty. Even in Bible times the authors found reason to draw attention to individuals who were good-looking, and we also find reason to mention them. So why not review who they are, in a fun activity?
This Bible Trivia has three sections which help us identify the beautiful women, and review the facts by completing sentences and filling in the blanks. (There is also a link to Good-Looking Men in the Bible at the end of this article.) Have fun while you learn for the first time or as you review as often as you like.
Section One: Name the Good Looking Woman
In this first section, you are required to name ten good looking women. Some statements (from the New King James Version) are edited to prevent disclosure of the answer. Description No. 8 is from The Message Version. You are expected to be trustworthy and attempt the answers before checking the Scripture source.
For each question, choose the best answer. Then check the text for the correct answer.
1. She was a woman of good understanding and beautiful...but the man was harsh and evil in his doings. (1 Samuel 25:3)
2. Her sister’s eyes were delicate, but she was beautiful of form and appearance. (Genesis 29:17)
3. "You are a woman of beautiful countenance... when the Egyptians see you, they will kill me." (Genesis 12: 10-12)
4. In all the land were found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job; he called the name of the first ... (Job 42:14)
5. The young woman was very beautiful, a virgin ... She went down to the well and filled her pitcher. (Genesis 24: 16, 27)
6. From the roof he (the king) saw a woman bathing, and the woman was very beautiful to behold. (2 Samuel 11:2)
7. Three sons were born to Absalom, and one daughter who . . . was a woman of beautiful appearance. (2 Samuel 14:27)
8. The girl was stunningly beautiful ... she looked after the king, but the king did not have sex with her. (1 Kings 1: 3,4)
9. The young woman was lovely and beautiful ... her cousin took her as his own daughter. (Esther 2:7)
10. You ... became very beautiful. Your breasts were formed, your hair grew, but you were naked and bare. (Ezekiel 16:17)
- Eve in the Garden of Eden
- The Beloved in the Song of Solomon
- Jerusalem personified as God's woman.
Section Two: Complete the Sentence
Section Two may be a little more difficult. You are required to complete a statement. Again, be trustworthy and attempt the answers before checking the Bible source. Enjoy!
1. The lover in the Song of Solomon says that his beloved has hair like _____ (Song of Solomon 4:1)
- a beautiful piece of silk
- a flock of goats
- a soft bale of hay
2. The beloved in the Song of Solomon says that her skin is dark because _____ (Song of Solomon 1: 5, 6)
- dark skin runs in the family
- her brothers burnt her skin
- she has a tan
3. Because Queen Vashti refused to show off her beauty to the king's guests, the king had her _____ (Esther 1:10-12, 19)
4. Before meeting the king, Queen Vashti's replacement was treated with oils and perfumes for _____ (Esther 2: 12)
- three months
- six months
- twelve months
5. If a Hebrew soldier took home a beautiful female prisoner of war, he could marry her after _____ (Deuteronomy 21: 10-13)
- one week
- one month
- one full moon
6. Isaac said that his beautiful wife was his sister because he was afraid to lose her to the men of _____ (Genesis 26: 6,7)
7. The parents of Samson's first bride gave her to Samson's best man because they thought that _____ (Judges 15: 1,2)
- she was too beautiful for Samson
- Samson did not like her
- she was wrong to marry a Hebrew
8. The author of Proverbs 31 says that beauty is _____ ( Proverbs 31:30)
9. The Bible says that a beautiful woman without discretion is like _____ (Proverbs 11:22)
- wine in a filthy bottle
- gold in a pig's snout
- money in a fool's wallet
10. Job's daughters were more beautiful than any other women in the land of _____ (Job 1:1; 42:15)
Section Three: Fill in the Blanks
Fill in the blanks in sentences you may have heard often enough to remember, or you may simply need a reminder. They reference God's beauty and the messages are not limited to the women. The quotes are from the New King James Version.
1. To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for __________ (Isaiah 61:3).
2. Bring an __________ and come before Him. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! (1 Chronicles 16:29).
3. One thing I have desired ... to behold the beauty __________ __________ ___________ (Psalm 27:4).
- of the Lord
- of the angels
- of God's temple
4. Out of Zion, the __________ of beauty, God will shine forth (Psalm 50:2).
5. Honor and majesty are before Him; __________ and beauty are in His sanctuary (Psalm 96:6).
More Bible Trivia
- 25 Bible Trivia Questions About Good Looking Men
Good Looking Men in the Old Testament is an interesting topic for an icebreaker. This Bible Trivia can get everyone involved, then have fun discussing the answers, or learn the answers by yourself.
- Bible Trivia on The Sayings of Jesus
This Bible Trivia has two sections. In Section One, complete some sayings of Jesus. In Section Two, answer context questions on the sayings. Remember or learn for the first time.
- 25 Bible Trivia Questions on Trees
Use this quiz as an icebreaker in a young adult session, or as an introduction to a study on trees in the Bible. Have fun while you increase your knowledge. Repeat when you wish to refresh your memory.
© 2013 Dora Weithers