Years back, I started composing songs for choirs and the Light Magazine... Lovers of music appreciate my work. The talent is being used here
It is being said in my land that it is the person who knows the way that makes it in life. If one does not know the way or how others are making it, one would labor in vain.
Thinking about this, I composed this song of prayer to beseech the Lord to show me the right path to take to fulfilment in life.
1) This world is habitation of wickedness
This world is full of darkness I need you Lord
2) Lord without you I won't know the way to follow
'Cause I'm a stranger on earth as all my fathers were
3) Strangers though have eyes but they cannot see well
Because they live as a blind man in the land
4) It is after strangers have lived long in the land
That they 'll know their rights even from their lefts
5) Irrespective of how long we live on earth
Yet we 're strangers and as blind that gropes in dark
6) More than ever Lord I need you in my life
For I want to succeed in my journey on earth
7) I 've wandered in the darkness of the world far too long
Therefore, Lord, I beseech thee to come to me
8) Command Lord your angels to go ahead of me
Silencing all enemies and my antagonizers
9) I beseech you Lord let your angels go before me
Removing mountains and leveling valleys before me
10) My Lord and my God smoothen rough paths before me
Open windows of heaven rain your blessings on me
11) I am before you oh Lord visit my life
Take me out of shadow of death put me in path of life
© 2021 OLUSEGUN
OLUSEGUN (author) from NIGERIA on October 12, 2021:
Thanks Pamela. My laptop is faulty needs another hardware and my android phone again about 11 days ago. Wanted to sell it to buy another but I couldn't because it is not a conventional phone use around my area in Nigeria so people don't want to buy it because it has not second hand value.
I am using a neighbour's android phone this morning because I have missed this site like no other...
Thanks for your comment.
Do have a great moment.
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on October 02, 2021:
I really like this song, Olusegun. I always pray that God will show me the right path, just as the song says.