My name is Candice Ballinger and I am a Christian woman who loves Jesus and his word.
The Many Gifts From the Holy Spirit
In the Bible it tells us that there are specifically 9 gifts from the Holy Spirit. They are manifestations of the power given to us by the Holy Spirit to accomplish the Lord's will. You should most definitely ask for these gifts to be manifested in your life, pray and ask the Lord to bless you in this way. John 14:12-14 "Most assuredly, I say to you he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it."
The manifestations of the Spirit is to benefit the Body of Christ. The gifts the Holy Spirit gives are not to be used in anyway you see fit, no, they have specific purposes to fulfills God's will. They are intended to bring glory to the Father.
List of Gifts 1 Corinthians 12
- The Gift of Healing- There are many different kinds of healings that come from the Holy Spirit. They allow you to have access to healing yourself or to be an anointed vessel to heal others as well.
- The Gift Faith- You are saved merely by faith and faith alone, The gift of faith is knowing that you can't do something on your own without the Lord to bring you to a point where you can do miracles and wonders in his name.
- The Gift of Prophecy- The scriptures describe this gift as especially desire, this gift an absolute direct word from God.
- Miracles-This gift is shown in the Bible as the Holy Spirit parting the Red sea to Jesus feeding 5000 people and bringing Lazarus back from the dead. This is an unexplainable event that cant be performed by mere human effort, it only comes from the Holy Spirit.
- The Word of Knowledge- Having knowledge about something with no means of knowing based on your human intelligence.
- The Word of Wisdom- Gives you the ability to understand and apply the word of knowledge.
- Discerning of Spirits- Allows the discerner to see evil spirits that are taking place in someone's life. Exposing the evil spirits so that they can break free from their bondage.
- The Interpretation of Tongues- Helps interpret the tongues that are spoken by those who have the gift of tongues.
- Gift of Speaking in Tongues- Gift that allows the believer to pray and speak in tongues that they do not naturally know. This can be done in spoken prayer to God directly or in assembly where God anoints another believer with the gift of interpretation to interpret the spoken word in the native tongue of the congregation.
Seek and Ask For The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
One way to keep from being ignorant like Paul said in a statement in 1 Corinthians 12 "I do not want you to be uniformed. You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, " Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit."
He was telling the church to seek and ask for the gifts of the Holy Spirit and to stay spiritually awake to understand you should search the scriptures so that you can stand firm in your faith and not be wavered. We must stay aligned with God and not allow idols or other sins and temptations to make us ignorant of the knowledge of God and his saving grace. The Holy Spirit equips us with so many gifts so that we might grow in our knowledge of the Lord and all his ways so that we can grow closer in our relationship with him, and it becomes stronger and stronger as time passes.
We cannot be spiritually asleep or blind and expect to activate and be given these gifts. We have to be completely awake and attentive to what God has said to us and what he asks of us to do. If you are ignoring what God is telling you to do and just keep choosing your own will over God's will, you can bet that you will have a hard time growing in your faith and you will ultimately start to grieve the Holy Spirit. We all are given baptism in the Holy Spirit when we become believers in Jesus Christ, however, you can grieve the Spirit by sinning or not listening to him as he tries to guide you. Then of course the spirit will leave you empty and you won't be completely filled with the Spirit and will need to ask the Lord to fill you with the Holy Spirit over flowing and then begin to do the things you're being told to do and stop sinning and repent of them immediately.
Prepare your heart for the Lord's instructions and praise him and thank him for the gift of the Holy Spirit and all the gifts the Holy Spirit himself brings with him as he comes to dwell within each of us. May God bless you each and every day.
© 2021 Candice Yates