Inspirational Quotes for People With Depression
The World Health Organization estimates that 121 million people worldwide suffer from depression. I am one of those 121 million people. Maybe you are too. Maybe you know someone close to you who is affected by depression.
Although it may seem trivial to some, I have found great comfort in dark times in some of the following inspirational quotes about depression. To know others have experienced the darkness of depression and have seen the light at the end is sometimes all we need when we feel we are alone. If you find one or two of the quotes 'click' with you, why not write them out on a piece of paper where you can see them in your daily life?
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.— John Wooden
- It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly. ~ Isaac Asimov
- Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again. ~ James R. Cook
- A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl. ~ Stephan Hoeller
Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.— Helen Keller
- In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
- Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. ~ Richard L. Evans
- If you’re going through Hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill
- Issue a blanket pardon. Forgive everyone who has ever hurt you in any way. Forgiveness is a perfectly selfish act. It sets you free from the past. ~ Brian Tracey
- Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting. ~ Napoleon Hill
- Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on about your business. ~ Norman Vincent Peale
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.— F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius.
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. ~ Lance Armstrong
- Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. ~ St. Francis of Assisi
- What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? ~ Robert Schuller
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.— Helen Keller
- A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. ~ Chinese Proverb
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll. ~ Author Unknown
- If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today. ~ E. Joseph Cossman
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. ~ Mark Twain
- Fall seven times, stand up eight. ~ Japanese proverb
Depression is a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer.— Dorothy Rowe
- The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can change his life by changing his attitude of mind. ~ William James
- Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~ Thomas Edison
- You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. ~ Wayne Gretzky
- The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
The darkest hour has only sixty minutes.— Morris Mandel
- Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory. ~ George S. Patton
- Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget about everything except what you're going to do now - and do it. ~ William Durant
- Minds are like parachutes, they function only when open. ~ Unknown Author
- Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life, as a dog does his master's chaise. Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still. ~ Thoreau
- I walk slowly, but I never walk backward. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us. ~ Alexander Graham Bell
- There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein
- Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. ~ Will Rogers
- To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. ~ Oscar Wilde
- The harder you fall, the higher you bounce. ~ Unknown Author
Inspirational Quotes Video
I really hope you enjoyed this list of motivating and inspiring quotes. If you have a favourite quote that has helped you through a time of depression please include it in the comment section below and I will add it as soon as I can.
More Inspirational Quotes
- Quotes about Moving Forward
Inspirational and motivational quotes about freeing yourself from the past and moving on.