For the past decade, MsDora has been sharing poetry, creative writing, positive quotes, and reflections online. Her aim is life enrichment.
A thirty-something year old, beautiful, talented, productive woman deserves a celebration in her honor, just for the essence of who she is.
Presently, she does not have a husband, but she shares her wisdom and wit with many who enjoy her presence. She may not have given birth, but she gives direction and nurture to children who were birthed by her sisters and peers. Not having the title of wife and mother does not prevent her from living her best life, or from making her best contribution to the life of others. She stands as an example to younger women that singleness is not a symbol of deprivation, but a platform on which to display the positive qualities of individuality.
Honor her on her birthday for her contribution to positive womanhood. Celebrate her life and love, her strides toward her purpose, and her singleness which she wears nobly.
Poem: A Single Shining Star
Beautiful within, beautiful without;
Elegant image of true womanhood;
Your charm exceeds the influence of most,
Revealing graces you displayed since childhood.
Your confidence is steady in your gait;
Your wisdom flavors all you do and say;
Your kindness, friendliness and tasteful wit
Spread joy to those who stand in your pathway.
So who knows why with all your loveliness
You’re still a single, brightly shining star
Without a love response to your soft glow
After thirty-something years on life's radar?
Your stature gains in sweet appeal;
You perform cheerfully and purposely
Without a show of any lack or need
For a man to walk beside you closely.
Still it may be that he is taking the long route
And by the time he walks into your life,
He would have lost his childish looks and ways
And be fit for a mature, worthy wife;
You shouldn't have to look for him; he’ll find you
Right where you are pursuing your own dream,
Keeping in step with Father’s divine will
And together you will make an exc’llent team.
But there’s no guarantee that he will come;
Distractions and shortsightedness abound,
And he may, without knowing what he does,
Fumble his future with judgment so unsound.
Still, my charming, talented, wise daughter,
You may be singled out for great success
With only supernatural princely help,
Making you more special in the process.
For thirtysomething years, you’ve been special
To all our family; and oftentimes
You’ve made us proud to watch you forge your way
Through difficult, character-strengthening climbs.
Your perseverance and your shining faith,
And prayers have kept you firm on paths you’ve trod.
You can live joyfully, single or not;
Blessed because you’re my child and a child of God.
Spiritual Blessings for the Single Woman
- "The One who formed you says ... "I have called you by name; you are mine... You are honored, and I love . —Isaiah 43:1,4
- "For your Creator will be your husband; the Lord of Heaven’s Armies is his name! He is your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, the God of all the earth."—Isaiah 54:5.
- "I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion."—Hosea 2:19
- "A woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit." —1 Corinthians 7:34
- "And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride, so your God is happy with you." —Isaiah 62:5
Positive Quotes for the 30-Something Single
- "Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you shall only live it once. Be comfortable with growing older." —Louise Hay
- "Thirty was so strange for me. I have really had to come to terms that the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult." —C.S. Lewis
- "Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty." —Robert Frost
- "One of the great things about turning 30 is figuring out how to dress comfortably and still look good." —Cobie Smulders
- "Thirty-five is a very attractive age; London society is full of women who have of their own free choice remained thirty-five for years." —Oscar Wilde
© 2013 Dora Weithers