Timothy is a Christian who enjoys creating visual art and writing. He has a B.S. in Psychology.
Life Is Full of Musings
Once again I looked at life all sides and upside down and come up with more musings and ponderings about the stuff people tend to do which is downright confusing. Life they say is full of musings all you have do is look for them or maybe it should be think about them. When I see things or something pops into my head I write it down in a little notebook so I can laugh at it later. Here in this article are 25 more of those musings.
1 Why is it when men get married, your part of the closet and sink automatically become hers? Even when there is a lot of room your wife still seems to take up all available space.
2. I’ve pondered it over and over and discovered saying “Yes dear” is a great way to stay out of trouble. I’ve tried it many times and it works.
3. Why is when a mother is cold her children are also cold by default? Think I’m wrong watch the next time your mother is cold. They are sure to remind you that you are cold also.
4. Why is it when someone sees a “Wet Paint Do Not Touch sign, the first thing they have to do is touch the paint? I know you’ve done it yourself. Don’t try and deny it.
5. When does a partly cloudy day become a partly sunny day? Is it all in your point of view? You know pessimists see the day as partly cloudy and optimist see the day partly sunny
6. Why do parents say, “I slept like a baby,” when babies are up many times a night?
7. Why when there are 42 choices for ice cream do we alway choose vanilla or chocolate? Life is all about variety so isn’t ir about time your tried a new flavor.
8. Why is a doctor or lawyers office called a practice? By the time they get there own office they’ve spent so much time and money they should have learned their craft by now.
9. If con is the opposite of pro then is congress the opposite of progress?
10. Why is it we spend so much time and money at Christmas on Christmas presents when they will probably be returned or placed in a closet never to be used anyway?
11. Why is it we can remember the lyrics to our favorite songs but when it comes to remembering friends or family members names we come up blank sometimes? You’ve probably had people come up to you at a store. You talk for a little while but when they walk away your first thought is, “Who is that?”
12. Why is when you lose something it is always in the last place you look? If you’d only looked there first you would’ve saved yourself so much time.
13. When it comes time to clean your vacuum do you become the vacuum cleaner?
14. Why do people ask questions when the answer to the question is quite obvious? For instance you're holding a kitten. The question someone asks is, “Is that a kitten you’re holding?” Or you walk into the office holding a McDonalds bag you coworker says, “Did you go to MCDonalds for lunch?”
15. Why when you watch a new Hallmark Christmas Movies does the old Dragnet line come to mind, "Ladies and gentlemen: the story you are about to hear is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent." With one notable exception, “the story you’re about to see is the same as the last movie. Only the names and locations have been changed to get you think it is a new movie.”
16. Why is it the only thing we can agree on is to disagree about everything?
17. Why is it the more politicians tell you about what they’re going to do for you if they get elected the less you know about what they’re actually going to do for you?
18. Why does it seem like the ride to a vacation spot takes forever but the ride home doesn’t take long enough?
19. Why is it the older you get the more people tell you to act your age but the more you don’t want to act your age? It is hard to let go of your youth and concede you’re getting older.
20. Why is it that as you get older and start to slow down the more your mouth gets you in trouble? I’ve discovered as you get older the more you option comes out.
21. Why does it take so long to reach 21 years of age but every year after that seems like it is on fast forward?
22. Do not mock older people for having so many aches and pains because one day you’ll start having the same problems?
23. Why do they call the last quarter of life “The Golden Years” when it feels more like the Ben Gay and joint replacement years?
24. Why is it we are so willing to see the worst in others but are hard pressed to see our own faults?
25. Why do so many people work just to get to retirement only to have to go back to work in order to afford retiremen?
Some Final Thoughts
There you have it 25 more random ideas and thought which pop into my head. I hope you enjoyed them. I always keep a pad around just it case new ones pop into my head. If you have your own please add them below.
© 2020 Timothy Whitt
Timothy Whitt (author) from New Jersey on October 10, 2020:
Thank you John I love all the ones you added.
John Hansen from Gondwana Land on October 10, 2020:
Tim, I love reading people’s random thoughts and ideas. These were great.
1. My wife is an active crafter so it seems her stuff takes up 2/3 of the house..just saying.
2. “Yes dear” only works when said with sincerity
7. And choc chip. If no one orders all the other flavours why don’t they just stop making them
12. Because when you finally find something you have been looking for...you stop looking lol
14. When I am sound asleep and my wife clicks on a YouTube video or one on Facebook and the sound is up high...she asks, “Oh, did I wake you.”
17. And the more the politicians say what they are going to do for you the less you believe. It’s a bit like the boy who cried wolf.
I like the way your mind works.