People Think You're Weird
More times than not, people think you are really weird and that you are childish if your favorite holiday is Halloween. Either that, or they will only like certain parts of this wonderful holiday. Either they like just the candy, just the parties so they can dress up and drink in public, or they just like the fact that they can go and get slutty costumes. For those of us that really love this holiday, it is about so much more than all of that. It is about being yourself, letting your creativity out, and showing everyone how imaginative you can be.
So Many Possibilities
A lot of people love Halloween for the simple fact that they get to become anyone and anything they want. The video above is from a YouTuber that only makes Halloween makeup videos. She doesn't have a ton of videos but her YouTube channel is called Courtney Little Makeup. People like her, make a living from Halloween themed videos and tutorials.
Tim Burton and Johnny Depp
Those names sound familiar, right? Of course they do! Everyone has heard of The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride. Tim Burton is known as one of the most amazing directors. He has many more spooky and Halloween type movies. Some titles include:
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Corpse Bride
- Edward Scissorhands
- Alice in Wonderland
- Sweeney Todd
There are so many more to add to that. He also makes his living from Halloween type media and entertainment.
Pros And Cons
- Teenagers spend less time drinking and getting into trouble by going trick or treating
- Again, cute kids
- Creativity can be bragged about
- Kids get to go and talk to neighbors reducing social anxiety by a little bit
- Killer sales at stores
- Unfortunately, you have to check the candy
- Those teens that are told that trick or treating is for little kids will be going out and getting into trouble
- Having to buy candy for trick or treaters
- It only lasts one day (for some)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM MY FAMILY TO YOURS!!!
© 2017 Carissa Kumiko Bradley