"We can't sign in to your account" is a common Windows 10 operating system error message(1). A computer user feels angst and frustration when they receive the error message. The recommendation on the Microsoft website by the support tutorial is to “Restart your device in safe mode.”
“Observing Windows in safe mode enables you to narrow down the source of a problem...” and “If a problem doesn't happen in safe mode, this means that default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing the issue.”(2)
Life can be like an operating system or software error message. People sometimes need to “Fix a corrupted user profile” or “clear the cache” due to a problem logging on to the best version of their life.
Safe mode in life means you have permission to live life on the surface for a while. Allow yourself to stay disconnected from the tether of mind to emotion. You'll intuitively know when it is time to tackle and defeat your problems.
“You’ve been signed in with a temporary profile” will act as a welcome message when you are faced with important life challenges. The loss of a loved one, becoming a full-time caregiver, emotional or physical abandonment, and separation from an employer with a loss of income are devastating events in any life.
Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One is all about brain science. Dr. Joe Dispenza believes that we can re-wire our minds to change our reality.
Here are three important takeaway quotes from the book-
1.“Your thoughts are incredibly powerful. Choose yours wisely”
2. “We cannot create a new future, by holding on to the emotions of the past”
3. “You can change your brain just by thinking differently”
More than a century has elapsed since the term psychology was coined to describe "psychological research methods and principles to better understand how the mind works, from perception to learning, language, attention, memory, problem-solving, decision-making and judgment." (3)
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." said the wise sage George Bernard Shaw. Long before the advent of psychology and cognitive psychologists, writers like Shaw and Mark Twain had an innate sense of the struggle in human nature.
Emotions that are out of place is one way that the universe sends you a message. Conscious Rethink is a blog dedicated to the art of being present and conscious in life. 15 Ways The Universe Sends You Messages – Signs To Look Out For describes our bond with the universe as "threads woven through our being."
Restarting your life in safe mode is an opportunity to be kind to you. Rethink and recreate while you take a break to consider your life within a new operating system.
(1) Windows 10 error message: "We can't sign in to your account". Microsoft. Accessed November 28, 2020. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-error-message-we-can-t-sign-in-to-your-account-18d55f00-a6e7-9106-29ee-54fa223c0ca8.
(2) “Start Your PC in Safe Mode in Windows 10.” Microsoft. Accessed November 29, 2020. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234.
(3) “Brain Science and Cognitive Psychology Explores Our Mental Processes.” American Psychological Association. American Psychological Association. Accessed November 29, 2020. https://www.apa.org/action/science/brain-science.
© 2020 Sharon R Hill