Just another writer who is trying hard to write a viral story.
Qualities of a great leader.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader-John Quincy Adams.
A leader is an individual who leverages their relational influence with a team of people to get the right things accomplished through the people. When I say leader, I do not mean those politicians or political leaders. You can be a leader anywhere and at the same time, you may be a follower. You are a leader in the house as the head of the house, you are a leader in your company as a managing director or a CEO or the departmental head, you are a leader in the society when you represent the people by taking a lead and solving the matter by proceeding the discussion forward. When we put someone in a leadership position, we don't care if they lead through others. We just want them to make sure the work gets done, regardless of how it gets done, even if that means they do it themselves. When you allow that to happen, you allow a leader to develop those bad habits of doing rather than leading, then all of a sudden, it weakens leadership. If we don't establish the expectation of leading through others, then they may become a doer rather than a leader.
A strong leader has distinctive innate and creative qualities. A great leader strives to bring their vision to life. If you want to become a great leader then adopt these qualities.
- A quality leader is a person who can communicate effectively with others. A good communicator strives to ensure that their message is received correctly as it is important to identify that communication is more than just a discussion. The capacity to listen is the foundation of communication. Listening is just as important as speaking, so a good leader pays more attention to what others are saying rather than what they are saying. A good communicator creates a trusting environment so that everyone can speak their heart out and gives value to each person’s point of view.
- For many of us, humility is not a natural trait to possess. An effective leader is a modest person. Self-evaluation is a consistent trait of a successful leader. A good leader has no reservations about being judged or accepting criticism. Nobody likes being rebuked, but an efficient leader views it as a chance for personal development. If you want to be a good leader then put your faith in others' judgment by having a positive outlook about yourself and accepting praises from people with modesty.
- Impressive leaders are those who care about other individuals. A strong leader must be concerned about their people even they care for each team member. When a leader cares about their people, they constantly ask a lot of questions, listen more and speak less. A caring leader values the input and views of the people.
- Visionaries are effective leaders. A good leader's goal is to make their vision a reality first. A clear vision is based on reality. A vision must be clear and comprehensible to everyone who is exposed to it. A vision must motivate people to take action. A vision must generate a mental image in people who hear it, or a vision is a foreshadowing of what is to come. An attractive vision exudes an energizing force that motivates others to take action.
- A competent leader understands the capacity to remain cool in the face of adversity. It is a personality trait that must be cultivated and developed as it is said that when you lose your temper you lose. A successful leader is not a man who lacks self-control. An influential leader is self-disciplined.
- An impressive leader has a good sense of humor. Good leaders are dedicated to their job and they don't mind laughing at themselves. According to successful leaders, laughter is healthy for the body, even in most difficult situations, so it is said that a funny individual can lead a team. A strong leader has no trouble finding comedy in their errors.
- Effective leaders are well-balanced individuals. Their overarching aim is to approach all aspects of life in a balanced manner. A good leader does not neglect any aspect of their personal life. They understand that they have to maintain outstanding physical, mental, and emotional health to become successful leaders. A healthy leader recognizes that to be a balanced leader they must take a balanced diet, get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and work hard to improve their abilities.
- An active leader attempts to make great changes. These improvements aren't without their drawbacks. We inevitably face changes and difficulties as we get older. How we respond to a change or challenge reflects our personality traits as a person, and it also shows how we will evolve as leaders in the future. A strong leader is a highly imaginative person, that’s why they try new methods even if they are likely to fail. They have a great realization of the fact that failure is just a short-term setback that teaches great lessons. A bold person, who can take risks, who can accept their failures, can become a good leader.
- A steadfast person is an effective leader. A strong leader always makes a smart choice. A powerful leader is driven and purposeful in an admirable way and open to receiving sound advice.
- A good leader is self-motivated. Motivating leaders take pleasure in their work and are enthusiastic about their mission. Taking chances, growing as a person, and facing difficulties are all necessary components of change as an inspiring leader. A motivating leader is always ready to lead the way and does not back down from a challenge. Motivational leaders make one-on-one relationships with other people, encourage others to take action, praise others' capabilities. They help others and have faith in the people they lead.
- An ethical leader is effective. A successful leader has a solid moral foundation. Their character is undeniably strong. The person gets exactly what they see. Nothing is more demoralizing than a leader who is dishonest or lies. Strong beliefs are the hallmarks of a strong leader and an ethical leader is one who possesses strong beliefs. A leader has a trustworthy demeanor as a resolute style of life, believes in the importance of teamwork, others are encouraged by him, and provides a positive example for people to follow them.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 S Saleha