He Already Knows
My life from senior year of high school to becoming a college freshman
- My last year of being in High School was an experience I could never forget.
- I started with coming to the conclusion that the last 4 years were coming to an end and the next 4 years are opening up.
- UNIVERSITY. That was the big picture. The question being shot like a gun: Where are you going? And like someone who lost something I said: I do not know.
- I had been applying and getting letter and filling scholarships to the point where I was sick of it, but I could not rest when the job was almost done.
- From the time I saw my classmates getting awards and acceptances, I still had nothing to show but, Patience is a virtue, they said, so patiently I waited as time kept running down.
- "Almost there" they shouted and that is when the patience and faith began to get shake, I was getting told things: The Things I did not want to hear, The things I did not want to see and the things I did not want to accept until.....
- One day what I thought was wrong, came in right and right on time.
- As it says in Psalm 147:5 "Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure."
- In that moment I did not know what that last part meant of the verse meant but, indeed it was great and til this day speaks 100% truth.
- I had one gotten into a university. Not just anyone but, the one the Lord had ordained for me to go to.
Where I am now
- Well, today is May 5, 2020 and last year I was a High School Senior this year I am almost done being a College Freshman
- I thank God because he brought me here despite my doubts and worries. He knew best then and will ALWAYS know best.
- My freshman year was a smooth transition but rough for the first few months.
- With God all things are possible and that is what made me survive and now I am excited not just for what next year will be like but, also what God has in store for me and every one of you guys.
What I learned
- God wants us to take each day one at a time (Matthew 6:34)
- Faith comes from hearing every Word of God that proceeds from his mouth. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- God loves YOU, ME & EVERYONE (John 3:16)
- Jesus is calling everyone of us (Revelation 3:20) Why? Because he loves us and blessed are those who are pure (Matthew 5:8)
© 2020 Timothy
Yemi on May 07, 2020:
Great insight into your perseverance and perspective going from a HS senior to a new adventure as a college freshman. Way to put pen to paper(thoughts to keyboard