If You Ever Say "Something Is Missing in My Life," or "Why Am I Feeling Empty Inside," You Need to Read This
Feeling empty is something most of us have experienced at some point in our life. Moreover, it can make you feel helpless, and it’s not easy to get rid of the unbearable feeling. A feeling of emptiness can be very overwhelming, and most of all it can be challenging to figure out alone. While everyone feels sad from time to time, a feeling of emptiness is something that prevents you from appearing whole, and sometimes it's hard to face or deal with the pains you carry in your heart and soul.
To feel empty is one thing, but when you feel like "something is missing in your life," and that feeling just won't go away most look for ways to fill the void of what is missing. Some attempt to fill that void by doing the thing they feel needs to be done around the house and others may pick up more hours at work and work many long hours.
"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same."
-- Carlos Castaneda
Some people have no time to spend with friends and family due to their busy lives, so few individuals live life to the fullest. Especially since most of our lives are so over-scheduled, we get stuck in a daily routine that makes us frantic and preoccupied to the point that we are just coasting through life being in a miserable existence. We have so many distractions that it's hard to stop thinking about the stuff that upsets us which makes it's difficult to relax or thoroughly enjoy life.
Americans work crazy long hours, and as somebody who has dealt with a very crazy schedule, I learn taking on too much is a poor use of your time. According to types of time perspective, "34% of people feel rushed all the time, with 61% never having any excess time and 40% saying that time is more of an enormous problem for them than money." Time is an essential problem for most of us, especially since we waste it, we never have enough of it. Furthermore, how we manage our time are critical factors for living long.
"If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes." Andrew Carnegie
Many are looking for a simple and easy way to obtain happiness; happiness is not something that comes naturally; we have to learn to live, love, appreciate every moment, break free of the stress a busy work schedule bring and find joy by taking a grip on this quest called life. Moreover, some of us have just started exploring the idea of living life; while various live their lives as if they are clinging to the side of a cliff.
And this makes no sense because life is a precious gift and we all should take advantage of that and enjoy it. You only have one lifetime and way too many people are wasting it away doing insignificant things, worrying about this and that when more than likely its stuff they hate, please don't misuse your relevant time doing unimportant things, you should know life's way too short and too valuable to be abusing it on petty interests.
“It is difficult to live in and enjoy the moment when you are thinking about the past or worrying about the future. You cannot change your past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about your future. Learn from the past, plan for the future. The more you live in and enjoy the present moment, the happier you will be.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Sadly, numberless people worry too much, and they need to realize that worrying gets them nowhere in life, in fact, it's unhealthy. People, your motivation in life, should be to enjoy life by becoming "a better person" and your journey to becoming better starts with understanding who you are. Have you ever looked in the mirror at yourself and wished you were a better version of yourself? The best version of yourself is achievable, but you have to know who you are, how you see yourself, what you'd like to become, and what you were created to do to complete your mission, understanding all this is not easy but is attainable.
Furthermore, the secret to maturing into the best version of yourself is becoming aware and acting on the things that make you superior to your former self. Developing into the best possible version of yourself means to embark on a journey that helps you to take actions that could assist in master again yourself, acquire power over your aye and obtain wisdom and knowledge that will profit you. Moreover, it prevents you from feeling like something is missing in your life.
Check your ego at the door and check your gut instead. Every right decision I have ever made has come from my gut. Every wrong decision I've made was the result of me not listening to the greater voice of myself
The results come to those who act. So, why not be like the select few, they see things as they are, not how they can be and make the most of life by acting and living life to the fullest. Moreover, life goes on, even when things get hard, it sometimes feels like it won't, but it does. It's better to live life focusing on things that make life worth living as many will enjoy living more if they take the time to understand their purpose in life. The truth is, you don’t have to live an incomplete, troubled life even if most people are living it. Most people aren’t living the life they desire, Me, after many years of trying to keep up with the wrong crowd I learn to live a remarkable life. Although living a worthy life was an experience that took me several years to assume and fulfill. Besides, in times of storms, knows when you live in denial, things get worse and often in a hurry.
Life comes with many different emotional experiences, and our emotions are an essential aspect of our quality of life, when we refuse to acknowledge them, the result is an empty feeling where our heart beats, we have a pulse, but we’re not living we're only existing. Do you feel like you're the victim of emotional distress or have a vast feeling of emptiness? What is the cause of feelings of emptiness? No one knows as there may be more than one cause. Moreover, a common reason you might feel empty is that your life is lacking somewhat and inside you need something to fill it. Additionally, a big void or a feeling of sadness, loneliness prevents you from living a healthy life. It also ensures you NEVER carry out the duties that are placed in your life to fill your purpose.
Most people desire to be happy. “Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect, it means you have decided to make yourself as beneficial as possible by looking beyond your shortcomings.” Some buy what they desire, as an attempt to find happiness and to feel fulfilled. Certain individuals may assume a new big mansion fully furnished will make them feel satisfied. And many might consider a pretty woman or a handsome man to make them feel complete. One might think a new top of the line car to driving around will fill any void and satisfy what's missing in their life. All the same, the number one question is what's to do when you feel like something missing?
For those who are tired of feeling empty & as if something is missing from your life: Here's what to do.
1. Gradually acknowledge the emptiness and something missing in your life. When you find yourself feeling a vast emptiness and you sense something is missing in your life, but you don’t know what it could be. It feels like a part of you has disappeared don’t try to dismiss your feelings, admit what you are experiencing and look for a solution by searching for ways to find some inner peace. No one wants to be trapped by unworthiness, therefore, its best to begin by looking into your experience to see what you discover.
2. Embrace your negative emotion: Anger, disappointment, fear, resentment, worry and other "negative emotions" are a part of the human struggle, but negative feelings are not all bad they do serve a purpose. Their objective is to give feedback method to our brain which signals us that something is wrong. Negative emotions are similar to feeling pain, and they tell us that it is time to make a change yet countless people struggle with it. Moreover, sometimes it's difficult to trust and "to manage” your feelings as negative emotions aren’t a part of you, although they are an intense reflection of you. Therefore, it is essential to vent your feelings to determine why you have negative emotions. Venting allows you to receive the messages that your souls are sending you so; you can release them and move forward.
3. Set Life Goals That Will Establish You a Purpose If you want to be “awakened,” to deal with the bad feeling you are experiencing it's essential that you discover why you have them. It is vital that you don't pack your emotions down inside, because feelings influence right and wrong. After you determine why you have been experiencing bad feelings, you need to find the meaning by setting goals. To build a better you, follow through with your goals but don't try to do too much; it's impossible to change many habits all at once, start small with goals attainable and then one practice at a time.
it's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are
Roy E Disnry
4. Be a Better Decision Maker: It's a reality, not every decision you make will be a good one, that’s why you should use essential thinking skills to evaluate and examine the situation you are choosing. A better decision will ensure that you are heading in the right direction to travel the right path. This approach will make you better at managing stress, fill voids and conclude why you feel something is missing.
5. Develop Self-Awareness: To develop “Self-Awareness,” means you understand why you are feeling empty and discover what's missing in your life. You can observe your life journey to know what shaped you into the person you are today. Then and only then will your vision become clear so you can look into your heart and soul and take full responsibility for your emotional stage. Taking complete responsibility will assist you to fill your void and give your life satisfying and meaning. Also, help you to identify your rightful place on Earth and understand your purpose in recent times.
I realized that if my thoughts immediately affect my body, I should be careful about what I think. Now if I get angry, I ask myself why I feel that way. If I can find the source of my anger, I can turn that negative energy into something positive.
- Yoko Ono
Reminiscing back to before I found peace, I was at a point in my life where peace of mind was my highest priority. I was dealing with a lot of negative energy and craziness in this world; adverse energy is real. But did you know that negativity can linger anywhere? The real question is what negative energy are you transferring? Yes, we can absorb negative energy. I receive so much that things got so hard that I felt trapped, unworthy, and when I looked in the mirror, I saw an unattractive, aging, unfulfilled woman that felt empty and appearing as if she been through the fire where life has beaten her into someone else.
Over time, I was tired of lay in bed wrestling with my thoughts, freaking out about obligation and filled with sadness, merely able to get out of bed each morning for work since I felt remarkably exhausted, I realized that I had to work on building a better life for myself. That experience made me re-evaluate my life decisions, so I can retain what I’m capable of to prevent my life from continuing to taking a turn for the worse. From that occurrence you know what I learned; I had to set goals and after I created them and maintained them as a daily habit, ‘I am what I repeatedly do.’ ‘It not only an act but a habit.’ That’s how I was able to find myself, fill all voids, create a new way of life where waking up early from getting enough sleep is possible, and that’s what it took to turn happiness into a reality.
What are your thoughts and opinions on the subject, “If You Ever Say “Something Is Missing from My Life” – Or "Why am I feeling empty inside" - You Need to Read This."
Marcia Hines - "Something's Missing (In My Life)"
Many of us have the sense that something is missing in our lives. We can’t accurately pinpoint what it is, take this quiz to try to figure it outview quiz statistics
Olivia O'Brien - Empty
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Pam Morris