Audrey's desire to help others understand human behavior led her to study psychology. Why do we fear love? Here are answers to this question
Change Your Thinking to Change Your Life
Only when you truly and completely learn how to love yourself are you able to love others unconditionally. And when you find that people have a hard time loving you it just might be because they haven't learned how to love themselves.
Now, this may be a lot to process all at once so take as long as you need to mull this over in your mind.
You create your own life. You alone have the power to create either a positive or a negative attitude. The way you feel about yourself is the result of the way you think. Once you change your thinking you change your life. As your life changes for the better, your health will begin to improve.
You'll wake up happier with more energy and ready to take on the day. You'll honor your body by feeding it nutritious food and moving around more to exercise your heart. You'll begin to change your thinking which will change your life.
When love pours out of you, you are happy. When you unlearn all the criticism, negativity and beliefs that you have stored in your mind's library, you'll begin a wonderful transformation - one that will give you a deeper meaning about your life and a joy which you will want to share with everyone you meet.
Keep reading and you will discover exactly what changes you need to make in order to learn to love yourself.
How to Begin to Love Yourself in 7 Natural Steps
This first step is to make you aware of the benefits of sincerely loving yourself. You will actually start to feel more relaxed physically, while your overall health, both physical and mental, improves. You'll become a happier person.
As you learn to love and appreciate yourself, you are learning how to love and appreciate others. This is the pathway to forgiveness, peace, and fulfillment.
2. Change Your Thinking
You are now on a path of self-discovery. Learn the truth about who you really are. Much of what we learn about ourselves stems from childhood. Being criticized, punished, neglected and scolded, send a strong message to us. Our perception of self-becomes:
"I am not perfect, I'm not okay, I'm not the way I should be" This is when we stop loving ourselves and begin pretending to be something we are not.
It's time to stop listening to all the old negative or hurtful messages, played over and over in our mind, regardless of our age. These messages are negative, crippling, and label us, as long as we accept them.
They are very powerful and can affect our behavior and our thinking unless we erase them and replace this limiting thinking with empowering thoughts.
This is one of the most important steps for learning how to love ourselves.
Empower Yourself With Positive Thinking
3. Become as a little child. Children are completely authentic and live their true nature. They forgive quickly, hold no grudges, and are not judgmental. Children have no problem with loving themselves.
4. Stop judging and rejecting yourself. Make a list of all of your good qualities. This is not bragging - this is necessary for recognizing your self-worth. Do not allow your mind to bring up any negative points. Concentrate only on the good qualities.
You may presently have a distorted image of yourself. As you learn the art and truth of self-love, your self-image will change.
5. Forgive yourself. If and when you feel the need to forgive yourself for present or past mistakes, do it immediately. Then - forget it. Don't live in the past, dwelling on
Let the past remain in the past. Direct your thoughts to the present and refrain from bringing them up again.
6. Believe in yourself. You have the power to believe whatever you choose.
When you believe love, happiness, peace, and harmony you have consciously decided to love yourself.
You no longer choose drama. You no longer choose self-abuse. You have a choice in what you think - it's a habit.
If you don't believe in yourself, nobody will. Your success begins with your own self-confidence. Begin now to see yourself as the person you want to become. Don't look back - look ahead.
Affirmations For Building Self-Esteem
The following self-esteem affirmations will help to build your self-worth. Feed these positive affirmations into your mind each and every day:
- The greatest gift I can give myself is unconditional love.
- Other people do not determine my potential.
- I am victorious, not a victim.
- I am a unique gift to the world.
- I am worthy of every good thing.
- I no longer give power to rejection and criticism.
- I am gentle and kind to myself.
- I hold only good and positive thoughts about myself.
Teach Someone Something Each Day to Boost Confidence
7. Always Be True To Yourself
Pay attention to the still small voice within you. Don't be too quick to dismiss it. Give yourself permission to rest when you're weary. Take a break without feeling guilty. If you slip and make a mistake, avoid beating yourself up. Let it go. You'll do better next time.
Be at least as kind to yourself as you are to others. Direct your inner dialogue in such a way that your messages are positive and uplifting. Be thankful for what and who you are. You are no accident, my friend. You have a purpose and a mission which just might be to discover the magnificent you.
Accept Who You Are. You are Magnificent.
This is perhaps the most difficult step to conquer. You may live with the feeling that you are not good enough, whether it's for someone else or for yourself.
Take some time to examine your self-expectations. They may be too high or unrealistic.
Get in touch with the child within to help you to be more accepting of yourself. The inner child needs to be nourished, loved and appreciated. And remember to laugh often.
Part of learning to accept yourself is to live in the moment. Don't be concerned with tomorrow. Avoid dwelling on the past.
You will find that the best moments in your life are when you are being true to yourself and when you are being authentic.
How to Love Yourself Using These 7 Natural Steps will only work if you practice applying these tips consistently.
Practice Smile Therapy. Go From Negative to Positive.
Conclusion And Final Thought
It's your time, regardless of where you are in life, to live every moment to the fullest and to begin by giving yourself the love and attention you deserve. Yes, it's now time to:
- Change your thinking to change your life.
- Be more aware of your good points and release all negativity and self-doubt.
- Empower yourself with positive thinking.
- Become a child again, happy, forgiving and free.
- Stop all judging and rejecting of yourself.
- Be forgiving of others and of yourself.
- Believe in yourself.
- Always be true to yourself...always.
- Accept who you are.
- Live in the moment. Not what happened years ago, last week or even 5 minutes ago. Live for now.
It has taken years to develop who you presently perceive yourself to be which now pools your entire belief system. You will be amazed to discover how loving and lovable you truly are.
Remember that you are a unique diamond with unlimited abilities.
A Wake-up Call To All You Givers Out There
© 2010 Audrey Hunt