What Makes You Happy?
The more I live, the more I realize that this world is not as complicated as it seems. People are complicated, and people complicate their lives, when actually you need so little to be happy in this world. Is not about how much money you have, or what car you drive. Yes, money make things easier, but never buy happiness. If you ask me what makes me happy, this would be my answer. This is my top 15 list:
- To wake up every morning and see I'm alive.
- Know that I'm healthy and I can do so much with my body.
- Looking at my kids smile every single day, that's my fuel.
- Love makes me happy, love in all it's forms.
- The beach makes me really happy. The sand on my toes feels amazing. And the sound of the waves is so beautiful and relaxing.
- My cat. She is the cutest.
- Good food is heaven.
- Exploring new places makes me so happy. My soul loves adventure.
- To be heard and respected.
- Spend time with my sisters. I'm the happiest.
- A conversation with a good friend.
- A hug from my parents, specially since I moved so far away. Nothing is more special in this world.
- Romance, of course.
- Exercise makes my body happy.
- Being grateful and thankful to God every night gives happiness to my spirit.
What would make you happier?
Happiness Or Emptiness?
Now, are you happy or do you feel like something is missing? I have found so many people who are empty on the inside. They don't even know what can fill their lives with happiness anymore. A great number of them depend on material things to be happy. The more they buy, the happier they are. But truth is that the happiness they feel when buying new things is very brief. It goes away in a blink of an eye. Soon they will need to buy more things to feel happy again. And this is a cycle that never ends. That feeling of emptiness never goes away. But in order to live a very happy life, it is time to start looking for that happiness far away from materialism.
Where To Start Looking
If you wonder where you should start looking for real happiness let me tell you that it could be easier than you really think. Happiness is inside each and every one of us. Happiness is a decision you need to take. Every person is different, and different things make them happy, but only if they decide it to be. A good place to start is taking notice of the little details that often are taken for granted. The only fact that we woke up this morning is a reason to be happy. We just have a new day full of opportunities to make it the happiest day. Choose what really make you happy and do not settle for less. Also, listen to your feelings and show your love to others. There are thousands of ways to do it. Help a person in need or volunteer your time. Trust me, this will bring a lot of happiness to your life. Last, but not least, have adventures and cherish the experiences. After all, that's what life is about. Only the memories remain.