12 Attitudes of the Heart that Shape your Character
12 Attitudes of the Heart
The attitudes of your heart shape your character. In all things, your heart's condition creates the appeal of your personality. Attitudes are a purposeful mindset.
Veterans of knowledge have this understanding and recognize what is behind every motive. Every choice you make defines your true self.
The heart expresses itself through the determined spirit, establishing the values and conditions, which drive your choices in life. Live with a purpose and maintain a healthy heart. Strive to have a heart that obeys God.
Cultivating right attitudes
Living a Life of Purpose
These described 12 attitudes of the heart will strengthen your walk by cultivating the right attitude to acknowledge your role, and the part you play in life.
- Love God will all your heart, soul, and mind. Make this your first priority in life. Everything else falls into place with this strong condition of the heart.
- Be understanding and in all things use wise discernment. Practice patience with perseverance.
- Guard your mouth against any gossip. Be the friend that keeps others’ secrets locked safe and never compromise your values.
- Be forgiving and trust God for true vindication.
- Remove all pride for it eliminates the justification for forgiveness.
- Love your enemies for love holds no wrongs. For an ounce of heart is worth a vessel of soul.
- Stretch your faith and pledge a life to be born again. This is a personal faith and trust in Jesus Christ.
- Let go of fears and don't let them stand in your way to the life you deserve.
- Serve Others out of a heart of gratitude and love.
- Be a peacemaker for theirs lay the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 5:9)
- Keep your commitments and be committed to a standard of values in your own heart, between you and God.
- Love unconditionally and be devoted to each other as in brotherly love. For love is a choice and expressing brotherly love is the same type of love you would find in a healthy family. Jesus is a great example of brotherly love.
A Heart of Worship
Your Heart's Motivation
Whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. - Romans 13:9-10
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. - Romans 12:9-13
Give yourself an attitude check. A determined spirit is a mindset filled with a purpose. Finding true heart knowledge desires a determination of will.
Every human is born with a nature that seeks gratification and fulfillment apart from God.
Learn to do what is right because it is right, not for what you can get out of it.
A humble person is quick to forgive, difficult to offend and joyfully waits on God. The humble person says I have no problem forgiving you for I have enough problems of my own.
Be grateful in all circumstances. Positive thoughts can introduce power into your life. Wait on God to bring it to pass. During your wait, your faith is stretched. While you’re waiting find the joys in your life.
Time Prepares You
Time prepares you to accept the dream. In the midst of waiting, have an expected attitude that something good is going to happen.
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. - Matthew 5:12
The Bible defined the Great Sermon on the Mount when Jesus spoke of the Beatitudes. (Matthew 5:1-11) Take the time to grow in Godly character.
Do you have a goal, a vision, and a dream for your life? God has created each of us to reach. When the visions are placed in front of you, you keep reaching. It begins with a dream, and the possibilities are endless.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. – Psalm 84:11
Everyone has the equal opportunity to achieve the impossible.
With the inspirations of every day moments, your attitude is a precious commodity. The attitude of the heart conditions your life to grow or to remain stagnant.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will. - Romans 12:2
Ready to nurture your soul and cultivate growth? Then lighten the load your heart condition carries.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." — Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
Having a genuine purpose in your heart will motivate you to succeed, in life.