50 Good Morning Quotes from the Bible
What are your first thoughts on waking up in the morning? Whatever you think, or however you feel, it is wise to talk first with someone who will definitely inspire a good feeling within you and empower you to maintain a good morning spirit. The best access to a good morning is a conversation with God.
The quotes, from the New Living Translation, begin with lines that are appropriate for that first morning talk with God, followed by lines you can use to talk yourself into continuing the good mood. Then there are quotes which are appropriate for encouraging others, quotes which feed the mind with positive morning imageries and finally, reasons to thank God for the morning.
Morning Talk with God
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord (Psalm 5:3).
- How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. . .
And when I wake up, you are still with me! (Psalm 139: 17, 18)
- I rise early, before the sun is up;
I cry out for help and put my hope in your words (Psalm 119:147).
- Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly (Psalm 5:3).
- I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!”
My future is in your hands (Psalm 31: 14, 15).
- Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy (Psalm 65:8)
- Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love (Psalm 90:14).
- Each day I beg for your help, O Lord;
I lift my hands to you for mercy (Psalm 88:9).
- And may the Lord our God show us his approval
and make our efforts successful.
Yes, make our efforts successful! (Psalm 90:17)
- Your regulations remain true to this day,
for everything serves your plans (Psalm 119:91).
- Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you (Psalm 143:8).
This is the day the Lord has made (Psalm 118:24).
- The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- Each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me (Psalm 42:8).
- Wake up, my heart . . .
I will wake the dawn with my song (Psalm 57:8).
- Praise the Lord; praise God our Savior!
For each day he carries us in his arms (Psalm 68:19).
- The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need (Psalm 23:1).
- This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24).
- Morning by morning he wakens me
and opens my understanding to his will (Isaiah 50:4).
- Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us (Luke 1:78).
- I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13).
- The Lord will answer when I call to him (Psalm 4:3).
Are Morning Quotes In Your Routine?
If so, from what source?
Encouragement to Share
Plant your seed in the morning . . . (Ecclesiastes 11:6).
- Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. . . The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm (Exodus 14:13, 14).
- Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning (Psalm 30:5).
- If only you would listen to his voice today! (Psalm 95:7)
- It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life (Ecclesiastes 5:18).
- Plant your seed in the morning and keep busy all afternoon, for you don’t know if profit will come from one activity or another—or maybe both (Ecclesiastes 11:6).
- When people live to be very old, let them rejoice in every day of life (Ecclesiastes 11:8).
- Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning (Lamentation 3:23).
- Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray (Mark 1:35).
- Very early on Sunday morning, just at sunrise, they went to the tomb. But as they arrived, they looked up and saw that the stone, which was very large, had already been rolled aside (Mark 16: 2, 4).
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
Positive Morning Imageries
Sweet . . . to see a new day dawning (Ecclesiastes 11:7).
- May those who love you [God] rise like the sun in all its power! (Judges 5:31]
- God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.
It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race. (Psalm 19: 4, 5)
- His righteousness will be like a garden in early spring, with plants springing up everywhere (Isaiah 61:11).
- But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture (Malachi 4:2).
- Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts (2 Peter 1:19).
- The one . . . who rules in the fear of God,
is like the light of morning at sunrise,
like a morning without clouds,
like the gleaming of the sun
on new grass after rain. (2 Samuel 23: 3, 4)
- He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn (Psalm 37:6).
- For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory (Psalm 84:11).
- Light is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning (Ecclesiastes 11:7).
- You are arrayed in holy garments,
and your strength will be renewed each day like the morning dew (Psalm 110:3).
Thanks for the Morning
Then God made . . . the greater light to rule the day (Genesis 1:16).
- God made two great lights—the larger one to govern the day . . . And God saw that it was good (Genesis 1: 16, 18).
- As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night (Genesis 8:22).
- The sun will not harm you by day (Psalm 121:6).
- The sun rises and the sun sets, then hurries around to rise again (Ecclesiastes 1: 4, 5).
- Have you ever commanded the morning to appear
and caused the dawn to rise in the east? (Job 38:12)
- The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak (Psalm 19: 1, 2).
- The sun rises at one end of the heavens and follows its course to the other end (Psalm 19:6).
- Give thanks to him who made the heavenly lights—
His faithful love endures forever.
the sun to rule the day,
His faithful love endures forever (Psalm 136: 7,8).9.
- For the Lord has told me this:
“I will watch quietly from my dwelling place—
as quietly as the heat rises on a summer day,
or as the morning dew forms during the harvest.” (Isaiah 18:4)10.
- Don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs (Matthew 6: 31, 32).
The Scripture verses are quoted from the New Living Translation, copyright 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation, Carol Stream, Illinois, USA.
Questions & Answers
Can I get an email every morning or a copy of a book?
Thanks for asking. If you send me an email through my profile page, I will send you a subscription to a daily devotional from "Streams in the Desert" which is my favorite.
Or, enter (https://www.christianity.com/devotionals/ streams-in-the-desert/) into your browser without brackets and spaces. Today's devotional will appear and at the bottom will be the option to sign up for your subscription.
I've been receiving these devotionals and find them inspiring and empowering. Guaranteed that they will enrich your spirituality.Helpful 16
How can I go about getting "Our Daily Bread" each morning?
(1) Google "Our Daily Bread." The link to the ODB site comes up with the devotional for the day, every day.
(2) Scroll down below the devotional. There will be a subscription window: SUBSCRIBE NOW to get the Our Daily Bread daily email.
(3) Enter your email address and press "SIGN UP." A message appears: You’re signed up!
Best to you as you enjoy the daily dose of inspiration!Helpful 10
© 2016 Dora Weithers