Chitrangada is immensely influenced by her kind hearted, compassionate, affectionate, talented mother, who taught her everything about life.
Can we really define and describe the ‘Mother’
Few Words About My Mother:
- Mother’s Day is around the corner, and we will be reading many beautifully written pieces to express love for the mothers, in the form of poems, essays, articles and others.
- While I enjoy reading everything in praise of mothers, because they absolutely deserve it, but it’s difficult for me to express my love, admiration, respect for my mother. Therefore, I am not even trying it. Whatever, I write will be too little, and not at all enough.
- Just wanted to say that, whoever I am, whatever good qualities I have, I owe everything to my mother.
- She is the most affectionate, compassionate, kind hearted person, I have ever known, or will know in my entire life.
- Her love is selfless, and eternal.
- She has nurtured us, to face the challenges of life, and to be calm and positive in every situation, favourable or adverse.
- It’s her upbringing and nurturing, which has enabled me to inculcate the same valuable virtues in my own children.
- She is a multi talented person, and a strict disciplinarian, and at the same time a soft, and affectionate soul.
- I feel the most blessed person, to be her daughter, and she is always there to guide me— always there for me.
- Being a mother myself, and a dear one to my children, I fully understand, what goes on in a woman’s life, when she becomes a mother.
- When a child is born, a mother is also born. And then, she realises, how many strong qualities she has, which even she didn’t know, before becoming a Mother herself.
21 Beautiful Mother’s Day Quotes
- ‘Mother’s are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they are holding the family together.‘—Susan Gale
- ‘Motherhood—All love begins and ends here.’—Robert Browning.
- ‘The influence of the mothers in the lives of their children, is beyond calculations.’—James Faust.
- ‘There is a reason, why some people believe, they can achieve anything. They listened to their mothers.’ —-Author Unknown.
- ‘The older I get, the more I realise, that my mom, is my best, best friend forever.’ —Author Unknown
- ‘She raised us with humour, and she raised us to understand that, not everything is going to be great, but how to laughter through it.’—Liza Minnelli
- ‘Moms are as relentless as the tides. They don’t just drive us to practice, they drive us to greatness.’ —Steve Rushin.
- ‘Mother—That was the bank, where we deposited all our hurts and worries.’ —T. Dewitt Talmage
- ‘I remember my mother’s prayers, and they have always followed me. They have clung to me, all my life.’—Abraham Lincoln.
- ‘Mother’s love is the fuel, that enables a normal human being, to do the impossible.’ —Marian C Garetty.
- ‘Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it’s there, it’s like a blessing. If it’s not there, it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.’—Eric Fromm.
- ‘There is no role in life, which is more essential than that of motherhood.’—Elder M Russel Ballard.
- ‘No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.’—Edwin Chapin
- ‘The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the centre of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.‘—Jesica Lange.
- ‘Being a full time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs. Since the payment is pure love.’—Mildred Vermont.
- ‘A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things, and crushes down remorselessly, all that stands in the path.’—Agatha Christie
- ‘Moms are like buttons. They hold everything together.’—Author Unknown
- ‘Mother is the heartbeat in the home. And without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.’—Leroy Brownlow
- ‘Successful mother’s are not the ones, who never struggled. They are the ones, who never gave up.’—Sharon Jaynes.
- ‘God could not be everywhere. So, he made mothers.’—Rudyard Kripling.
- ‘A mother is that person, who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.’—Cardinal Mermillon
Why and when do we celebrate ‘International Mother’s Day’?
*Mother’s Day is celebrated to honour the mothers in the family, appreciate them, and also motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in the society.
*International Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May. However, different countries celebrate Mother’s Day on different days.
Mother’s Day— My Thoughts
Every day is mother‘s day, but it’s a good idea to make one day, exclusive for the mothers, to appreciate them, honour them, and love them.
Sometimes, I feel that this solemn day has been commercialised. Just have a look at all the markets, online shops etc.
The whole focus is to give gifts, throw parties, with all the pomp and show, and things like that.
Your mother doesn’t need all that—Does She?
Give them respect, love them wholeheartedly, honour them by your words and deeds, and take care of them always, and not only on Mother’s Day, but everyday.
When children grow up, and get busy with their own lives, they usually don’t pay attention to some important things. It may not be intentional, but due to lack of time, or being too much preoccupied in their own lives, career, and family.
Then, what should the older children do?
Even small gestures can make your mother happy—-
- Phone calls, at least once or twice a day, preferably early in the morning, and at night. Even one minute calls can make her day.
- Just tell her that you are fine, and if she needs something, she should not hesitate to call, or send message to you. Assure her, that you will get in touch, as soon as you can.
- Listen to your mother, even if you have heard those words of wisdom many times earlier. She is always your well wisher, like no one else. Right?!
- You may be very busy, but keep tracking the health status of your mother, as she is growing older. She may not tell you about her health issues, because usually mothers don’t want to bother anyone in the family, especially her children.
- Periodical health check ups are important for her, and getting that done is a good way to show love for your mother.
- How about cooking her favourite food, all by yourself?
- At such age, she needs emotional security, and health security, rather than expensive gifts.
- Take care of your mother, and enjoy seeing the happiness and blessings in her eyes, for you.
Did you know?
*Anna Jarvis of Philadelphia, whose mother had organised women’s groups to promote friendship and health, organised Mother’s Day, on May 12, 1907.
She held a memorial service at her mother’s church, at Grafton, West Virginia. Within five years, virtually every state was observing the Mother’s Day.
Why do we celebrate Mother’s Day, Source: YouTube
Mother’s Day, source, YouTube
© 2021 Chitrangada Sharan