12 Promises of Blessings From God
Have you ever wondered what God says about His blessings and promises for you? Sometimes, life can feel so overwhelming that I don't feel blessed at all, and I need a reminder that regardless of how I'm feeling, I am, and always will be, blessed.
I challenged myself to search the Word and found twelve passages of scripture that speak of God’s promises to bless me.
How Does Webster Define A Blessing?
To start, I wanted to define the actual word. As Christians we hear the word “blessing’ and say the word ‘blessing’ all the time, but what does it mean?
Webster defines blessing as:
- to make (something or someone) holy by saying a special prayer
- to ask God to care for and protect (someone or something)
- to provide (a person, place, etc.) with something good or desirable
- to hallow or consecrate by religious rite or word
- to invoke divine care for
- praise, glorify, protect, preserve, approve, endow, favor
- to confer prosperity or happiness upon
12 Promises of Blessings From God
Think about what a blessing is as you read these passages of scripture and trust God to bring His promises to life in your life.
- To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. - 1 Peter 3:8-9
- Now it shall be, if you diligently obey the Lord your God, being careful to do all His commandments which I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. Blessed shall be the offspring of your body and the produce of your ground and the offspring of your beasts, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock. Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out. The Lord shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways. The Lord will command the blessing upon you in your barns and in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God gives you. The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, as He swore to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. So all the peoples of the earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will be afraid of you. The Lord will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you. The Lord will open for you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. The Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you only will be above, and you will not be underneath, if you listen to the commandments of the Lord your God, which I charge you today, to observe them carefully, and do not turn aside from any of the words which I command you today, to the right or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them. - Deuteronomy 28:1-14
- Blessings are on the head of the righteous - Proverbs 10:6
- Lord, in Your strength the king will be glad, And in Your salvation how greatly he will rejoice! You have given him his heart’s desire, And You have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah. For You meet him with the blessings of good things; You set a crown of fine gold on his head. He asked life of You, You gave it to him, length of days forever and ever, His glory is great through Your salvation, Splendor and majesty You place upon him. For You make him most blessed forever; You make him joyful with gladness in Your presence. - Psalm 21:1-6
- Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the Lord. May the Lord bless you from Zion; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. May you live to see your children’s children—peace be on Israel. - Psalm 128
- A faithful man will abound with blessings - Proverbs 28:20a
- Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us– for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree" – in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. - Galatians 3:13-14
- I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ. - Romans 15:29
- I will send you such a blessing in the sixth year that the land will yield enough for three years. - Leviticus 25:21
- The blessing of the LORD establishes wealth, and difficulty does not accompany it. Proverbs 10:22
- See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I am commanding you today - Deuteronomy 11:26-27
- Behold, how good and how pleasant it is, For brothers to dwell together in unity. It is like the precious oil upon the head, coming down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard, coming down upon the edge of his robes. It is like the dew of Hermon, Coming down upon the mountains of Zion; for there the LORD commanded the blessing—life forever. - Psalm 133
The blessing of the LORD establishes wealth, and difficulty does not accompany it.— Proverbs 10:22
I pray these bless you as much as they have blessed me!
Print them! Read them! Internalize them! Pray over them! Study them in the context in which they were spoken!
Know that if you are a follower of His, then these are for you.
Be Blessed and Have a Fantastic Day!