100 Positive Affirmations for Daily Life
What is an Affirmation?
To affirm means to dictate as true. Affirmations are phrases about life that people say when they want some sort of transformation. For instance, one might say “I am healthy and well” when they are not, but they say it in the hopes that their body will transform to become healthy and well.
The body is very complex and full of systems. One of these systems is in the brain and is called a Reticular Activating System (RAS) which processes the information input to the consciousness. It filters what we do and don’t notice. For instance, when you are hungry anything that has anything to do with food pops out to you: radio commercials, restaurant signs, words that sound like food, etc. The same goes in every other aspect in life. If you are sick you will be constantly thinking and reminding yourself about how you don’t feel well, but when you use an affirmation to tell yourself that you are healthy and well the RAS registers that and suddenly you notice everything that can make you feel better: healthier foods sound appetizing, you try out the gym you drive past every day, or you finally go to the doctor.
Another reason affirmations work is because of the tension they create. If you are behind in bills and feel broke, saying “I am a magnet for money” is not going to make you feel better, instead, you will feel the tension between the reality and the dream, and to rid that tension you will try to close the gap between the two extremes. The RAS is going to help you notice business opportunities you may have missed before, and you will allow yourself to take leaps and risks you might have been afraid of in the past.
Scientists say it takes 21 to 30 days for an affirmation to sink in through the mind, and that is why they suggest repeating them daily. Here are 100 daily affirmations for all areas of life.
- I am surrounded by love and everything is fine.
- My heart is always open and I radiate love.
- All my relationships are long lasting and loving.
- I see everything with loving eyes and I love everything I see.
- I deserve love and I get it in abundance.
- Everywhere I go, I find love. Life is joyous.
- I am surrounded by love every day of my life.
- I love myself and because of that everyone loves me.
- I attract love in everything I do.
- I freely express the love I feel to those I love and they return my gesture.
- I am blessed with a beautiful family.
- I am generous with time, patience, and love to my family.
- I am the family member I want to be.
- I communicate well with my family.
- My family cooperates with each other.
- We are a well-balanced family.
- My family is healthy and vibrant.
- I am a source of love and inspiration for my family.
- I encourage my family to achieve their dreams.
- I radiate love and happiness to my family.
- I get the help I need, when I need it, from various sources. My support system is strong and loving.
- I cherish my friendships.
- My friends empower me.
- I am available for my friends and family.
- My relationships are loving and harmonious.
- I always stay in contact with my friends.
- I am a compassionate, forgiving friend.
- I am the friend I would want for myself.
- I am dependable.
- I am positive and loyal.
- I am grateful for all that I am, for all that I have, and for all that I experience.
- I have an attitude of gratitude.
- My thoughts are focused on positivity and thankfulness.
- I am sincerely grateful and this attracts positivity into my life.
- I take time to be grateful for all the small things, such as the blue sky or the sound of laughter.
- I am grateful for my family, my friends, and my relationships.
- I am thankful for simply being alive.
- I am thankful for what I have.
- I am grateful for all the positive things that are coming my way.
- I am grateful for the people in my life.
- I release all ill feelings in me about people, incidents and anything else. I forgive everyone associated with me.
- The door to my heart opens inward. I move through forgiveness to love.
- The past is over, so it has no power now. The thoughts of THIS moment create my future.
- I give myself the gift of freedom from the past, and move with joy into the now.
- There is no problem so big or small that it cannot be solved with love.
- I am ready to be healed. I am willing to forgive. All is well.
- I move beyond forgiveness to understanding, and I have compassion for all.
- Each day is a new opportunity. Yesterday is over and done.
- I know that old, negative patterns no longer limit me. I let them go with ease.
- I am forgiving, loving, gentle, and kind, and I know that life loves me.
Dealing with Depression
- I accept and experience all my feelings.
- It is more healthy to express myself clearly and directly.
- It is safe for me to be vulnerable.
- I can reward myself for trying new things.
- My dreams can come true.
- I choose life. I choose happiness.
- I trust my body, I trust myself.
- I am now clearing my negative beliefs.
- I have the freedom and power to create the life I desire.
- I forgive myself completely.
- I am too big a gift to this world to feel self-pity and sadness.
- I love and approve of myself.
- I am competent, smart, and able.
- I believe in myself.
- I recognize the many good qualities I have.
- I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me, and I see the best in others.
- I let go of negative thoughts and feelings about myself.
- I love who I am. I love who I have become.
- I am always growing and developing.
- I love and accept myself just as I am.
- Every day, in every way, I am getting healthier and healthier and feeling better and better.
- I love myself and I am perfectly healthy.
- Every cell in my body is health conscious.
- I am full of energy and vitality and my mind is calm and peaceful.
- I think only positive thoughts and am always happy and joyous, no matter what the external conditions are.
- I always feel good. As a result, my body feels good and I radiate good feelings.
- Every day is a new day full of hope, happiness, and health.
- I treat my body as a temple. It is holy, it is clean, and it is full of goodness.
- I breathe deeply, exercise regularly and feed only good nutritious food to my body.
- I am free of diabetes, free of blood pressure problems, free of cancerous cells, and free of all life threatening diseases.
- I am respected by everyone in my work environment.
- I am acknowledged for all of my good efforts at work.
- I love and enjoy my work and I receive the perfect pay.
- I am a magnet for success.
- Success flows easily into my open arms.
- My employer recognizes my hard work and give s me a huge raise.
- Every day I wake up and go to the best job in the world.
- I know my calling and the work I am supposed to do in my life.
- The type of work I do is miraculously in complete demand.
- I have created the perfect business for myself and my pay is overwhelming.
Wealth and Money
- I am abundant.
- Abundance flows through my open arms.
- I am connected to the abundance of the universe.
- I am financially free.
- I am grateful for the riches in my life.
- I am wealthier each day.
- I believe in my unlimited prosperity.
- I create money easily and effortlessly.
- I have more than enough money to pay my bills.
- I have wealth in every area of my life.
© 2014 Sckylar Gibby-Brown