Funny Imponderables about Food and Drink
Life is full of mystery. When we are unable to explain something or determine how it works, then it can cause us to become concerned, we wonder what we are missing, we thrive on certainty and order and we consume enormous time and effort in seeking answers. Yet, there remain perplexities and peculiarities galore out there - all still waiting to be explained. This article doesn't concern itself too much with providing answers to these life changing conundrums, it would just give me a headache!
Instead I have attempted to just accept that we cannot always resolve every issue - sometimes it is just enough that the question is asked - just find the humor in it and if it brings a smile, then I am happy to leave the head-scratching for another day.
I hope, that as you ponder over the these twenty five imponderables, that you find a little humor in your day.
An imponderable is something unknown which it is difficult or impossible to estimate or make correct guesses about.— Collins English Dictionary
Funny Imponderables - Vegetable Related
Puzzling over those questions in life - whether they be deep and meaningful queries about the meaning of life, or little questions that just cause us to pause for a moment and reflect on them, they remind us that somethings are just well -perplexing.
1. Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?
2. Should vegetarians eat animal crackers?
3. If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
4. Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
What is imponderable in the world is greater than what we can handle.— Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, French Philosopher, 1818 - 1955
Light-hearted Imponderables - Cereal Related
1. If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?
2. If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry?
3. If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?
4. If people say the best thing since sliced bread, what was the best thing before sliced bread?
Fruit Related Imponderables
1. Why can't you buy grape ice-cream?
2. How do they keep all the raisins in a cereal box from falling to the bottom?
Have you two minutes to ponder over a poll?
Are lifes imponderables best left unanswered?
Drink Related Imponderables
1. If you can't drink and drive, why do bars have parking lots?
2. Why do you need a drivers licence to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?
3. Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavoring, while dish-washing liquid is made with real lemons?
A Fun Video Set to Music on Imponderables
Five More Mysterious Imponderables
1. If Snickers satisfy, why do they make King Size?
2. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
3. When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
4. Why does dog food have to smell so awful?
5. Ever wonder about people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little bottles
of Evian? Spell Evian backwards: NAÏVE
These Are Food Related - It's a Mystery, But They Are - Kind of!
1. Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
2. Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
3. What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
4. If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?
5. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
6. Why is there a light in a fridge, but not in a freezer?
7. Do illiterate people get the full benefit of alphabet soup?