Funny Imponderables About Animals
Life's Imponderable Questions
Who hasn’t at some time in their lives wondered about something that they couldn’t find an answer for? As a young child I’m told that my favourite saying was “why is that”? And almost every day since then I have at some point pondered over a difficult to fathom question.
Now I know that some people have an absolute yearning to eradicate all life’s great mysteries. But I have long given up on the youthful expectation that I will one day know everything there is to know. I now really don’t want to achieve this impossible goal. I think that the fact that I don’t everything is exciting - ambiguities are a part of life, lets embrace them. They keeps me searching for those questions and answers. Let’s face it – if we knew everything there was to know – life would be so monotonous, and dare I say it - dull. After all, as long as you remain curious, you will never be bored.
So, rather than worry about finding reasons for everything that exists, I sometimes just like to go with the flow and let life’s little conundrum’s wash over me. If the act of pondering over something can bring a little laughter, then all the better. Give it a try – it might just brighten your day.
These animal related imponderables may just add a little amusement to your day.
What is Imponderable in the world is greater than what we can handle.— Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, French Idealist Philosopher, 1881 - 1955
The Horse — a Few Imponderables That Niggle Away at Me
- Why do we measure a horse's height to the shoulder and not to the top of its head?
I know, I know... its all about not always being able to get a horse to stand with its head erect in the air etc. etc. But still...Why?
- Why do horses sleep standing up?
Someone is going to tell me that its all to do with the horses ability to lock its ligaments, muscles and bones thereby exerting no effort to stand. I understand this, but if evolution was able to develop such a complex way to allow a horse to go to sleep on its feet, wouldn't it have been simpler to just allow a horse to lay down? Even more confusingly, they can already lay down - I've seen them sprawled out on the grass sunning themselves.
- Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
- Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another?
- If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
Deer Imponderables — Oh Dear!
- How come you can kill a deer and put it on your wall but it’s illegal to keep them as a pet?
- How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?
- Why is it that whenever we are driving and a deer appears, it just stands still as if waiting to be struck? Whatever happened to flight or fight?
- If mynah birds can talk, why do you never hear two of them having a conversation?
- What do ducks have to do with duck-tape?
- Why don't you ever see baby pigeons?
- What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?
Take A Moment To Ponder
Do you need anwers to every little thing in life?
- Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
- How come every time I feel like opening a can of worms, the supermarket's out of stock?
- What happens when none of your bees wax?
- How do those dead bugs get into closed light fixtures?
- Why are moths attracted to light, but only ever seem to come out at night?
Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering - Snippets From Pinky and The Brain
More Animal Related Imponderables
- Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
- If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
- Does a fish get cramps after eating?
- Do fish ever sneeze?
- If we can't see air does that mean fish can't see water?
- If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
And A Few More – Pushing The Boundaries I know!
- Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They’re both dogs!
- Why does Bugs bunny walk around the cartoon naked, but puts a bathing suit on when he goes swimming?