Funny Imponderables About Animals
Life's Imponderable Questions
Who hasn’t at some time in their lives wondered about something for which they couldn’t find an answer? As a young child, I remember that my favorite saying was, “why is that”? And almost every day since then, I have at some point pondered over a difficult to fathom question.
Now I know that some people have an absolute yearning to eradicate all life’s great mysteries. But I have long given up on the youthful expectation that I will one day know everything there is to know. I now really don’t want to achieve this impossible goal. I think that the fact that I don’t everything is exciting - ambiguities are a part of life, embrace them. It keeps me searching for those questions and answers. Let’s face it – if we knew everything there was to know – life would be so monotonous, and dare I say it - dull. After all, as long as you remain curious, you will never be bored.
So, rather than worry about finding reasons for everything that exists, I sometimes like to go with the flow and let life’s little puzzle wash over me. If the act of pondering over something can bring a little laughter, then all the better. Give it a try. It might just brighten your day.
These animal-related imponderables may add a little amusement to your day.
What is Imponderable in the world is greater than what we can handle.— Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, French Idealist Philosopher, 1881 - 1955
The Horse — a Few Imponderables That Niggle Away at Me
- Why do we measure a horse's height to the shoulder and not to the top of its head?
I know, I know, it’s all about not always being able to get a horse to stand with its head erect in the air, etc. etc. But still. Why?
- Why do horses sleep standing up?
Someone is going to tell me it’s all to do with a horses ability to lock its ligaments, muscles, and bones, thereby exerting no effort to stand. I understand this, but if evolution was able to develop such a sophisticated way to allow a horse to go to sleep on its feet, wouldn't it have been simpler to let a horse lay down? Even more confusingly, they can already do this - I've seen them sprawled out on the grass sunning themselves.
- Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
- Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another?
- If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
Deer Imponderables — Oh Dear!
- How come you can kill a deer and put it on your wall but it’s illegal to keep them as a pet?
- How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?
- Why is it that whenever we are driving and a deer appears, it just stands still as if waiting to be struck? Whatever happened to flight or fight?
- If mynah birds can talk, why do you never hear two of them having a conversation?
- What do ducks have to do with duck-tape?
- Why don't you ever see baby pigeons?
- What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?
Take A Moment To Ponder
Do you need anwers to every little thing in life?
- Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
- How come every time I feel like opening a can of worms, the supermarkets out of stock?
- What happens when none of your beeswax?
- How do those dead bugs get into sealed light fixtures?
- Why are moths attracted to light, but only ever seem to come out at night?
Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering - Snippets From Pinky and The Brain
More Animal Related Imponderables
- Why isn't mouse-flavored cat food sold?
- If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
- Does a fish get cramps after eating?
- Do fish ever sneeze?
- If we can't see the air does that mean fish can't see water?
- If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
And A Few More – Pushing The Boundaries I know!
- Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They’re both dogs!
- Why does Bugs bunny walk around the cartoon naked, but puts a bathing suit on when he goes swimming?