Funny Imponderable Questions Lifes Little Perplexities
Funny Imponderable Questions
An article for those who have are suffering from a bad case of imponderable thinking.
Do you have one of life’s little questions going endlessly around and around in your head? Can’t find the answer? Then you have a severe case of the imponderable - but don’t fret, you are not alone.
So how do you cure such a sever and debilitating case, I hear you ask? Well, unfortunately there is no permanent cure - other than complacency. In which case the cure’s symptoms may well be worse than the disease from which those affected by the perplexity of pondering have descended into.
My recommendation would be a good dose of laughter – natures cure for most ailments. And what could be better than being able to laugh at the very same ponderous and puzzling mysteries that have so badly affected us both to-date. So let the anguish go – embrace the unknown – curiosity be dammed! That’s it! Chuckle your way through the conundrum. But be warned. The treatment can be fleeting. Earn a little respite and let the little questions in life go. Save your energy for life’s bigger questions, but most of all – have a little fun along the way.
Life Is Strange And Often Imponderable!— Napoleon Hill, American Self Help Author, 1883 - 1970
Worried About The Words We Use?
Do you worry and fret over the everyday words we use and how we use them? Do they get under your skin? Here are few that used to bother me until I learned to let it go.
- How come abbreviated is such a long word?
Surely they could have come up with a shorter name for this?
- If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
I pondered over this for quite some time - sad isn't it?
- Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?
I knew that I had a serious problem when I heard myself repeatedly sounding out the individual syllables in this word - just to check you understand - not for any other reason...
More Wordy Imponderable Questions
- Why are a 'wise man' and a 'wise guy' opposites?
I'm obviously not wise enough to figure this one out!
- Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
Perplexing isn't it? It's not just me - is it?
- Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?
I can't figure out up from down anymore - I'm all at 6's and 7's - Oh dear, there's another one I'm now going to have to ponder about - when will it all end?
- Why do we say something is out of whack? What exactly is a whack?
Whatever it is that out of whack means - I'm it!
Do You Have A Bad Case of Imponderability?
Ever wondered what the plural for imponderable is? So why then do most people insist on referring to a multitude on imponderable conundrums as imponderable's?
Life's Little Imponderable Questions - 12 Thought Provoking Questions
Do you need a diagnosis? Do you have a unrecognised case of pondering?view quiz statistics
Numbers Can be Perplexing Too
- Why isn't he number 11 pronounced onety-one?
- If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhoea, does this mean that 1 person in 5 enjoys it?
- If a shop is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why do they have locks on the doors?
- It the number 2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still number 2?
- Why is the the 3rd hand on a watch called the second hand?
Questions & Answers
Why is the game "Monopoly" only sold by one company?
At first reading, I was a little perplexed and began to ponder on why this board game was so named. However, it turns out that the name "Monopoly" is very apt as the word means to have exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.