Get Well Soon Messages for a Friend
Figuring out what to write in a get well soon card or say to a best friend who is sick or recovering from an illness can take time and thought. Of course, one may feel bad upon hearing the news of the person's ill health. Encouraging and comforting words that will renew their hope of healing are what you should write or say to wish them a speedy recovery from the sickness.
Get ideas and inspiration from the samples below and write your own unique get well soon wishes. However, if you still don’t know what to write in a card or say to wish him or her well, then use the one from my list that best suits your feelings for someone who is sick or recovering from an illness.
Sample Get Well Soon Wishes
For a sick friend, someone special, or loved one
- I was heartbroken when I heard you were ill. I wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness. Get well soon!
- I’m missing you so much. Please don’t forget to take your medications as prescribed for you. I wish you a speedy recovery.
- Your continue stay in the hospital has made everyone heartsick at home. I wish you a quick recovery so we can have fun together again.
- Having you by my side everyday makes me happy. The more you stay in the hospital, the more unhappy I become. This is wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
- Take this token from me, a basket full of love and happiness from someone so special to you. Dear, I wish you a fast healing from your illness and sound health for the remaining years to come. Please, get well soon!
- Life at home has been less happy since you were confined to your sick-bed. Sweetheart, please get well soon!
- Having fun and enjoying happiness is not the same without you. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
- Rest well and remember to take your prescribed drugs so you can get back on your feet soon. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Samples Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery
- I'm thinking about you during this terrible time in your life right now. I hope the medications the doctors are giving you are providing some relief from the pain. And I’m praying for a miraculous healing, speedy recovery, and a continuing sound health. Get better soon my wonderful friend!
- Seeing you on your sick bed makes me sad. I pray God will grant you good health today and the years to come. I wish you a full recovery from your illness.
- Your stay in the hospital is tearing me apart. You are always remembered in my prayers. Please, get well soon!
- Sweetheart, I can’t stay at home alone. If the doctor would allow me, I would wish to stand by your sick bed till you get better. I wish you a miraculous and fast healing.
- Doctors try their best but God heals. I pray for you every day to get well soon.
- My prayer is that God will heal you miraculously from your illness so that we can have good times to share. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
- We are all worried about you. Your ill health has been a big blow to your family, friends, and colleagues and loved ones. We are missing you. Please, get well soon!
More Get Well Soon Card Messages for Loved Ones
- I hope to see you today hale and hearty. I wish you sound health today and years to come.
- Work is so boring without you. I wish to see you bounce back to your normal self again. Get well soon!
- Your ill health has taken away our fun and happiness. We wish you were here with us and not on that sick bed that has kept you away from your friends and colleagues. We wish you a speedy and full recovery from your illness.
- Take this special gift from me, and I want to let you know that you are not alone on your sick bed. I wish you a fast and miraculous healing.
- This card message is from your friends, we wish you well and a speedy recovery.
- I’m eager to see you well again. Every day I pray to God to grant you sound health so you can get back on your feet soon.
- Sure, you will soon get over the sickness. Just keep in mind that you are not left alone in this condition. And I keep praying for your quick and full recovery. Get well soon!
- May you bounce back to your usual self soon! I wish you a speedy and full recovery.
Sample Get Better Soon Messages
- Sending you well wishes today, and hoping to see you back on your feet.
- These flowers represent love, and, of course to let you know how much I care about you. I pray for your speedy recovery. Get well soon!
- I wish you comfort, good health and happiness. Wishing you a fast recovery. May you enjoy sound health for many years to come!
- We are happy to hear that you are responding to treatment. May you have many more years of good health! We love you.
- Sending well wishes to you and hoping to see you back on your feet soon. I’m missing you.
- Wishing you all the best with your recovery. And may you enjoy many more years with good health.
- Sending well wishes to you and hoping it will put smile back on your lovely face. Get well soon!
- I hope to see you bounce back to your usual life soon. You're such a wonderful friend. Get better soon!
- If there is anything I can do to help, do let me know. Here's wishing you a blissful speedy recovery, happiness, and good health to enjoy the rest of your life.
- My thoughts and prayers are with you during this horrible time. You're not left alone and I hope to see you return to your healthy life soon. May God heal you soon and make you feel better to enjoy your life!
Get Well Soon Quotes
For a sick friend
- An apple a day keep the doctor away. - Spanish Proverb
- The treatment is really a cooperative of a trinity - the patient, the doctor and the inner doctor. - Ralph Bircher
- Be careful when reading health books; you may die of a misprint. - Mark Twain
- I wonder why you can always read a doctor's bill and you can never read his prescription. - Finley Peter Dunne
Did you find this article helpful?
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin