45 Funny Ways to Say Hello
There are a bunch of things that you can do to make your day and someone else's day more interesting, even with something as small as how you greet them! A simple “hello” normally does the trick, but maybe you want to switch it up a bit.
Just Say “Hi!”
It seems with the younger generations, with more and more technology flooding our markets, we are becoming out of tune with the world around us, people in particular.
You might have noticed more lately that when you pass by someone in a grocery store or anywhere in public, they would rather stare down at their phone, pretending to do something important, or even make brief eye contact, then stare away as you pass by--all in an effort to avoid saying something so simple, a greeting. This is not even just for total strangers, but acquaintances alike!
It’s a common courtesy that is slowly slipping away from the human race as we become indulged in social media; a world where we get so used to talking to people virtually rather than actually face-to-face. We need to break this cycle of utter social awkwardness! I don’t know about you, but when a friendly stranger simply smiles and says “hello” as they walk by, it makes my day better.
Don’t be that person who pretends not to see anyone that they walk by. Be social, be happy, make your day better with real interaction while you also brighten up someone elses! If you are bored with saying “hello,” Here are a few ways to mix it up!
Funny Greeting Tips to Try
Nearly any greeting can be funny if you say it the right way! Here are a few handy tips to try to ensure you amuse your amigo!
- Accents: Add a silly accent to your greeting, your friend will simply smile and probably call you a dork, but the smile was worth it, right?
- Silly voices: Who doesn't like silly voices and sounds, so try a few out. If you have a kid yourself, you’ll know all about the noises you will make to get one to smile!
- Impersonations: While this is similar to the previous two tips, if you do any impersonations, that'll make your greeting extra amusing, even more so if it's a lousy impersonation!
- Jokes: Start the conversation with a joke! Imagine answering the phone and hearing this: "How do you call a fish? You drop it a line!"
- Foreign languages: Switch it up by answering your mom's phone call with a little French or Japanese! It'll leave her confused, that's for sure! (More on these later!)
Saying Hello to Kids
- Hello Sunshine!
- Howdy Partner!
- Hey Howdy Hi!
- What’s kickin’ little chicken?
- Hey there Freshman!
- My name's Ralph and I'm a bad guy.
- Hi mister!
- I come in peace!
- Put that cookie down!
- Ahoy Matey!
Saying Hello to Family & Friends
- ‘Ello Gov'nor
- Top of the mornin’ to ya!
- What’s crackin’?
- GOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!
- ‘Sup Homeslice?
- This call may be recorded for training purposes.
- Howdy Howdy Howdy!
- How does a lion greet the other animals in the field? A: Pleased to eat you.
- Hello, My Name Is Inigo Montoya.
- I'm Batman.
- At least we meet for the first time for the last time!
- Hello, who's there, I'm talking.
- Here's Johnny!
- You know who this is.
- Ghostbusters, whatya want?
Saying Hello to Your Love
With a significant other, anything goes as long as you are not disrespectful. If they don’t marry you because of how you say hello, well, then they are not the one for you.
- ‘Ello Mate.
- Heeey Baaaaaby
- Hi Honeybunch!
- Oh Yoooouhoooo!
- How you doin'?
- I like your face.
- What's cookin' Good Lookin'?
- Howdy Miss
- Why, hello there!
"Hello" in Other Languages
- Aloha: Hawaiian
- Hola: Spanish
- Que Pasa: Spanish
- Bonjour: French
- Hallo: German
- Ciao: Italian
- Konnichiwa: Japanese
Make Their Day!
Always say hello to people, especially those who you know.
It’s a simple gesture that takes a fraction of your precious time, and it generates positive energy which will do nothing but carry forward.
Don’t be shy, just say hi!
Do you send "Thinking of You" cards to friends and family?See results without voting
Funny "Hello" Cats
More by this Author
Tall people jokes are just as funny as short people jokes, if not more! If you're over 6 feet tall or know someone who is, check out these 25 tall people jokes for a good laugh!